PharmAkea, Celgene (CELG) Enter Expanded Collaboration for Fibrotic Diseases
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
PharmAkea Inc. announced the extension of their strategic collaboration with Celgene Corporation (Nasdaq: CELG) which was established to leverage PharmAkea's proprietary drug discovery platform and novel small-molecule therapies targeting fibrotic diseases.
Under the terms of the agreement, Celgene Corporation committed $9 million to PharmAkea to extend the collaboration for 9 months. PharmAkea announced the original 3-year collaboration with Celgene in October of 2013. PharmAkea is currently conducting a Phase 1 SAD and MAD trial, as well as toxicology studies that will enable Phase 2 trials on its lead program, a small molecule LOXL2 inhibitor. The Company is also conducting IND-enabling studies in preparation for a Phase 1 trial on its second program, an Autotaxin inhibitor.
"We have been very impressed with the progress the team at PharmAkea has made over the past three years," said Rupert Vessey, President of Research and Early Development at Celgene. "This extension allows the company to further realize the potential of their programs and to complete some key activities."
"Our relationship with Celgene has been extremely collaborative," said Robert Williamson, CEO of PharmAkea. "This extension is a validation and endorsement of our work to date. We look forward to continuing our work with Celgene."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Celgene (CELG), Acceleron (XLRN) Present Encouraging Sotatercept Phase 2 Data in Myelofibrosis
- Acceleron and Celgene Announce Updated Results from Ongoing Phase 2 Studies of Luspatercept in Myelodysplastic Syndromes at the 58th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT), Sonalysts Enter Joint Marketing Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!