Pfizer (PFE) Announces REFLECTIONS B3271002 Study Met Primary Endpoint
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) announced that the pivotal REFLECTIONS B3271002 study, a comparative safety and efficacy study of PF-05280014 versus Herceptin (trastuzumab), met its primary endpoint. PF-05280014 is being developed by Pfizer as a potential biosimilar to Herceptin.
The trial demonstrated equivalence in the primary endpoint of objective response rate (ORR) of PF-05280014 versus Herceptin, taken in combination with paclitaxel, in first line patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer. ORR is defined as the proportion of patients with tumor size reduction of a predefined amount and for a minimum period of time2.
“As the leading global biosimilars company, we are committed to advancing our robust pipeline of biosimilar therapies in hopes of expanding access to high-quality treatment options for patients living with serious, life-threatening conditions such as cancer,” said Sumant Ramachandra, MD, PhD, MBA, Head of Research and Development, Pfizer Essential Health. “Favorable comparative clinical data between proposed biosimilars and their respective reference product contribute to physician and patient understanding of and confidence in the value and importance of biosimilars. We are encouraged by these data and look forward to sharing the complete results with health authorities and the oncology community once available.”
A separate comparative, randomized, double-blind clinical trial [REFLECTIONS B3271004] in early breast cancer patients [N=226] also met its primary endpoint of steady-state Ctrough concentrations (PK) in patients treated with PF-05280014 and Herceptin.
About the REFLECTIONS B3271002 Study
REFLECTIONS B3271002 is a comparative, randomized, double blind, clinical trial[N=690] evaluating the efficacy, safety, pharmacokinetics (PK) and immunogenicity of PF-05280014 (a potential biosimilar to Herceptin® [trastuzumab]) in combination with paclitaxel versus Herceptin in combination with paclitaxel in first line patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer. The primary endpoint is objective response rate (ORR) by Week 25 of study treatment. ORR is defined as the proportion of patients with tumor size reduction of a predefined amount and for a minimum period of time2.
More information about the PF-05280014 REFLECTIONS B3271002 and B3271004 studies can be found at www.clinicaltrials.gov.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- Ignyta (RXDX) to Offer Entrectinib Combo Update in TRK Inhibition in Late-Breaking Presentation at 2016 EORTC-NCI-AACR
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!