Perrigo (PRGO) to Acquire Geiss, Destin & Dunn
- Wall Street ends down as Trump focuses on trade
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Perrigo Company plc (NYSE: PRGO; TASE) announced today that it has agreed to acquire Peachtree City, Georgia-based, Geiss, Destin & Dunn, Inc. ("GDD"), a small national distributor of over-the-counter healthcare and consumer goods products to the non-chain retail and institutional markets. The transaction is expected to close by the end of August.
Perrigo CEO John T. Hendrickson commented, "Today's acquisition of GDD, while relatively small in transaction value compared to other acquisitions we've made, further strengthens and diversifies our U.S. distribution and retail network, providing us direct access to the non-mass retail market. While we currently distribute product to this channel through GDD, I am pleased we will now bring the management of this business completely in-house. We look forward to welcoming the GDD team to Perrigo and are committed to serving our customers and consumers across the globe with quality affordable healthcare products."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
- Time (TIME) Announces Agreement to Acquire Adelphic
- Humana (HUM) Gains Into Close with Merger Blocked
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!