Perrigo (PRGO) to Acquire Geiss, Destin & Dunn
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Perrigo Company plc (NYSE: PRGO; TASE) announced today that it has agreed to acquire Peachtree City, Georgia-based, Geiss, Destin & Dunn, Inc. ("GDD"), a small national distributor of over-the-counter healthcare and consumer goods products to the non-chain retail and institutional markets. The transaction is expected to close by the end of August.
Perrigo CEO John T. Hendrickson commented, "Today's acquisition of GDD, while relatively small in transaction value compared to other acquisitions we've made, further strengthens and diversifies our U.S. distribution and retail network, providing us direct access to the non-mass retail market. While we currently distribute product to this channel through GDD, I am pleased we will now bring the management of this business completely in-house. We look forward to welcoming the GDD team to Perrigo and are committed to serving our customers and consumers across the globe with quality affordable healthcare products."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Crown Castle (CCI) Misses Q3 AFFO by 2c, Revenues Beats
- Equity Bancshares (EQBK) Clears Final Regulatory Hurdle Needed to Close Community First Bancshares Merger; Moves to Acquire Prairie State Bancshares
- Celestica (CLS) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!