Perrigo (PRGO) Enters Licensing Agreement with Highland Pharma for Tarex Technology
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Perrigo Company plc (NYSE: PRGO) announced an exclusive licensing agreement with Highland Pharmaceuticals, LLC for its Tarex methamphetamine ("meth") blocking technology and the distribution rights of Zephrex-D (pseudoephedrine HCI 30 mg). Zephrex-D® was developed using the Tarex technology and has been proven to be more than 98% effective at blocking one of the more common domestic methods of illegal meth production.
This agreement is part of Perrigo's ongoing efforts in the fight against meth drug abuse. Perrigo plans to integrate the Tarex® technology into certain of its store brand and retailer own label pseudoephedrine HCI products in the future and will immediately begin distribution of Zephrex D® to its retail customers.
Perrigo's Executive Vice President & President, Consumer Healthcare - Americas, Jeff Needham commented that, "Across the country, illegal methamphetamine use continues to be a significant issue. Our investment in Tarex® technology is another example of Perrigo's commitment to help protect and promote healthier communities. We are committed to leveraging the Tarex® technology to extend our line of meth-resistant pseudoephedrine products in the future."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- W. P. Carey (WPC) COO/Head of Asset Management Thomas Zacharias to Retire
- VirnetX Holding (VHC) Disappointed on Federal Circuit's Decisions; Positive on Dissenter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!