Perrigo (PRGO) Enters Licensing Agreement with Highland Pharma for Tarex Technology
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Perrigo Company plc (NYSE: PRGO) announced an exclusive licensing agreement with Highland Pharmaceuticals, LLC for its Tarex methamphetamine ("meth") blocking technology and the distribution rights of Zephrex-D (pseudoephedrine HCI 30 mg). Zephrex-D® was developed using the Tarex technology and has been proven to be more than 98% effective at blocking one of the more common domestic methods of illegal meth production.
This agreement is part of Perrigo's ongoing efforts in the fight against meth drug abuse. Perrigo plans to integrate the Tarex® technology into certain of its store brand and retailer own label pseudoephedrine HCI products in the future and will immediately begin distribution of Zephrex D® to its retail customers.
Perrigo's Executive Vice President & President, Consumer Healthcare - Americas, Jeff Needham commented that, "Across the country, illegal methamphetamine use continues to be a significant issue. Our investment in Tarex® technology is another example of Perrigo's commitment to help protect and promote healthier communities. We are committed to leveraging the Tarex® technology to extend our line of meth-resistant pseudoephedrine products in the future."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) Says It's Cooperating Fully with Detroit Health Department Following Case of Hepatitis A
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q
- Stone Energy (SGY) Plans to File Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!