Performance Sports Group (PSG) Plunges After Announcing 10-K Delay, Expected Default
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Performance Sports Group (NYSE: PSG) plunged after announced that it its 10-K will not be filed by the required filing date of August 15, 2016. The failure is expected to result in a default under the Company's credit facilities.
Performance Sports Group Ltd. (NYSE: PSG) (TSX: PSG) ("Performance Sports Group" or the "Company"), a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance sports equipment and apparel, announced today that its Annual Report on Form 10-K, including its annual audited financial statements for the fiscal year ended May 31, 2016 and the related management's discussion and analysis (collectively, the "Form 10-K"), will not be filed by the required filing date of August 15, 2016.
The delay is a result of the decision of Performance Sports Group's Audit Committee to conduct an internal investigation in connection with the finalization of the Company's financial statements and the related certification process. To assist with this matter, the Audit Committee has retained independent counsel, Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP, and independent financial advisors.
The Audit Committee and its advisors are working diligently to complete the investigation with a view to having the Company finalize the Form 10-K as soon as practicable, although at this time it is uncertain when this will occur.
The failure to file the Annual Report on Form 10-K on time is expected to result in a default under the Company's credit facilities. The Company has initiated discussions with its lenders to address this issue. There can be no assurances as to the outcome of such discussions.
The Company currently continues operating its business and serving its customers in the normal course.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!