Peregrine Pharma (PPHM) Initiates IST for Bavituximab in Rectal Adenocarcinoma Patients
- Fed Saw 'Modest to Moderate' Growth with Stronger Manufacturing
- Icahn Seeks Non-Binding Apple (AAPL) Shareholder Vote on Increased Buyback
- U.S. Private Sector Added Jobs at Higher Than Expected Clip in November
- Facebook (FB) Up on S&P 500 Addition Speculation
- Deere (DE) Adds $8B to Buyback Plan; Declares Qtr. Dividend
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: PPHM), announced the initiation of an investigator-sponsored trial (IST) for patients with stage II or stage III rectal adenocarcinoma. This open-label Phase I trial will treat up to 18 patients with Peregrine's investigational monoclonal antibody bavituximab in combination with the chemotherapeutic agent capecitabine and radiation therapy. Peregrine's lead clinical candidate, bavituximab, is a phosphatidylserine (PS)-targeting antibody that has demonstrated promising tumor response and survival trends in randomized Phase II trials in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
You May Also Be Interested In
- Uroplasty (UPI) Reports CMS PTNS Reimbursement Nearly Flat from July Proposal
- AutoNation (AN) New Vehicle Comps up 8% in November
- JCPenney (JCP) Nov. Comps Grew 10.1%; Reports Strong e-Commerce Sales
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!