Peabody Energy (BTUUQ) Receives Bankruptcy Court Approval for DIP Financing
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Item 1.01 Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement
As previously disclosed, on April 13, 2016 (the “Petition Date”), Peabody Energy Corporation, a Delaware corporation (the “Company”) and a majority of the Company’s wholly owned domestic subsidiaries, as well as one international subsidiary in Gibraltar (collectively with the Company, the “Debtors”), filed voluntary petitions under Chapter 11 of Title 11 of the U.S. Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Missouri (the “Bankruptcy Court”). The Debtors’ Chapter 11 cases (collectively, the “Chapter 11 Cases”) are being jointly administered under the caption In re Peabody Energy Corporation, et al., Case No. 16-42529.
On November 23, 2016, the Bankruptcy Court approved a stipulation filed by the Company (Docket No. 1662) relating to an amendment to the Company’s Superpriority Secured Debtor-In-Possession Credit Agreement (as amended from time to time, the “DIP Credit Agreement”). While the DIP Credit Agreement contains certain milestone events relating to the Chapter 11 Cases, the amendment to the DIP Credit Agreement approved by the Bankruptcy Court (the “DIP Amendment”) removes any deadline by which the Bankruptcy Court must enter an order determining the CNTA Issues (as defined in the DIP Credit Agreement prior to giving effect to the DIP Amendment).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- MyoKardia (MYOK) Receives $25M Milestone Related to MYK-491 Development (SNY)
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!