Patterson-UTI Energy (PTEN) to Acquire Warrior Rig
- Wall Street falls ahead of inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Trulance (Plecanatide) Approved by FDA
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Patterson-UTI Energy (Nasdaq: PTEN) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Warrior Rig Ltd. and certain related entities. Based in Calgary, Warrior designs, manufactures and services high-spec rig components with a recent focus on top drive technology for improved drilling performance. The pending transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, and is expected to close promptly.
Andy Hendricks, Patterson-UTI's Chief Executive Officer, stated, "This acquisition will enhance our competitive position within the high-spec rig market and expand our technology portfolio. We are very excited by the innovative technology that Warrior offers, and we look forward to welcoming the highly talented group of people from Warrior into the Patterson-UTI family."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wix.com (WIX) to Acquire flok
- Viper Energy Partners (VNOM) Prices Upsized $131.75M Offering of Common Stock
- Sphere 3D (ANY) to Acquire HVE and Unified ConneXions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!