Pattern Energy (PEGI) to Take 80-MW Stake in Armow Wind Facility
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Pattern Energy Group Inc. (NASDAQ: PEGI) announced its commitment to acquire a 90 MW interest in the operating 180 MW Armow Wind power facility in Ontario, Canada from Pattern Energy Group LP ("Pattern Development"). Pattern Energy will acquire the interest in Armow Wind for a total cash funding commitment of approximately US$132 million. The acquisition will be funded with available liquidity and is expected to close within 45 days.
- Adds 90 MW, expanding total owned capacity to 2,644 MW upon closing
- Increases portfolio to 18 wind power facilities, including two it has agreed to acquire
- 20-year power purchase agreement with Ontario Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO)
- Acquisition will be immediately accretive upon closing with cash purchase price representing a 9.5-10.5x multiple on 5-year average CAFD contribution from the project
- Facility has been operational for approximately nine months
"The commitment to acquire Armow Wind, on the heels of our successful equity offering last month, demonstrates our ability to use our available capital for accretive projects," said Mike Garland, President and CEO of Pattern Energy. "We anticipate closing another acquisition from our identified ROFO list in the coming months. Looking ahead, our identified ROFO list includes 11 projects totaling 942 MW, providing clear visibility to 36% growth on our existing portfolio."
Armow Wind will be jointly owned by Pattern Energy and Samsung Renewable Energy, Inc. The facility reached commercial operation in December 2015 and operates under a 20-year power purchase agreement with the IESO in Ontario.
Located in Kincardine, Ontario, Armow Wind consists of 91 Siemens 2.3 MW wind turbines. The facility generates enough clean energy to power approximately 70,000 homes each year, based on annual residential energy use in Ontario.
Pattern Energy has rights of first offer to Pattern Development's project development pipeline, which includes approximately 5,900 MW of wind and solar projects.
The Conflicts Committee of the Board of Directors of Pattern Energy, which is comprised entirely of independent directors, reviewed and recommended the terms of the acquisition for approval by the Board of Directors, and it was approved by the Board. The Conflicts Committee was advised on financial matters by Evercore Group L.L.C., which also provided a fairness opinion, and on legal matters by Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- FTC not sold on Walgreens' plan to win nod for Rite Aid deal: Bloomberg
- Bioptix (BIOP) to Terminate Some Employees Associated with Acquisition of its Subsidiary
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!