Pattern Energy (PEGI) Completes $133M Armow Wind Power Facility Stake Acquisition
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Pattern Energy Group Inc. (Nasdaq: PEGI) announced it has completed the acquisition of a 90 MW interest in the 179 MW Armow Wind power facility in Ontario, Canada from Pattern Energy Group LP ("Pattern Development"). Pattern Energy acquired the interest in Armow Wind for a total cash consideration of approximately US$133 million, representing a 9.5-10.5x multiple on the 5-year average annual cash available for distribution (CAFD)1 contribution from the project. The purchase price was funded from cash available and draws under the Company's revolving credit facility on October 17, 2016. Subsequent to the transaction, $308 million remains available under the revolving credit facility.
"The acquisition of Armow Wind is immediately accretive, providing us with increased cash flow and growing the portfolio to 2.6 GW of owned capacity," said Mike Garland, President and CEO of Pattern Energy. "With an identified ROFO list of 942 MW of wind and solar projects – and a right of first offer on Pattern Development's pipeline of 5,900 MW of development projects – we are confident in expanding our growth outlook to achieve our 5,000 MW target by the end of 2019."
Located in Kincardine, Ontario, Armow Wind consists of 91 Siemens 2.3 MW wind turbines and is jointly owned by Pattern Energy and Samsung Renewable Energy, Inc. The facility reached commercial operation in December 2015 and operates under a 20-year power purchase agreement with the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) in Ontario.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
- Liberty Mutual to Acquire Ironshore from Fosun for ~$3 Billion
- Fitch: US Equity REITs Outlook Positive amid Solid Fundamentals
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!