Pattern Energy (PEGI) Affirms Talks to Take Stake in Ontario-Located Armow Wind Power Facility
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Pattern Energy Group Inc. (NASDAQ: PEGI) announced it is in discussions to acquire a 90 MW interest in the 180 MW Armow Wind power facility in Ontario from Pattern Energy Group LP ("Pattern Development"). Pattern Energy intends to fund the acquisition with available liquidity from its recent equity offering. The transaction is expected to close within the next 30 to 45 days.
"With the successful completion of the equity offering we have entered discussions with Pattern Development to acquire Armow," said Mike Garland, President and CEO of Pattern Energy. "Armow will expand our portfolio to 17 operating projects and one project we have committed to acquire which is under construction. Our identified ROFO list provides clear visibility to 36% growth on our existing portfolio, after the acquisition of Armow. We expect to drop down another acquisition from our identified ROFO list before the end of the year."
The Armow Wind power facility, located near Kincardine, Ontario, is jointly owned by Pattern Development and Samsung Renewable Energy, Inc. The facility reached commercial operation in December 2015 and operates under a 20-year power purchase agreement with the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Barrick Gold (ABX) Gains; Chinese Miners Said in Talks for Stake in Veladero Mine - Reuters
- Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- FEV North America Automotive Testing Expo 2016 exhibit to include test systems of new partner TrigTec
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!