Patriot National (PN) Rejects $475M Offer from Ebix (EBIX)
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Patriot National, Inc. (NYSE: PN), a leading provider of technology and outsourcing solutions, today announced that the Special Committee of its Board of Directors (the "Special Committee") has concluded that Ebix, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: EBIX) most recent proposal of $475 million is not the best alternative to maximize value for Patriot National's shareholders and, at the recommendation of the Special Committee, the Board of Directors has rejected the proposal. The Special Committee continues to evaluate other more attractive offers and all opportunities for value creation.
Neither the Special Committee nor the Board of Directors has made a decision to enter into any transaction or other opportunity at this time, and there are no assurances that the consideration of strategic opportunities will result in the Company entering into a transaction or other opportunity. The exploration of strategic opportunities may be terminated at any time and without notice.
Patriot National will provide a more complete update on its strategic value creation initiatives on the third quarter earnings conference call on Monday, November 14, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Says FDA Accepts First BLA for Durvalumab in Bladder Cancer with Priority Review
- General Electric (GE) Raises Quarterly Dividend 4.3% to $.24; 3.1% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!