Partner Communications (PTNR) Says Class Action Files Against 012 Smile Subsidiary
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall St. slips on earnings; Apple results due
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Raises Outlook
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Partner Communications Company Ltd. ("Partner" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: PTNR) (TASE: PTNR), a leading Israeli communications operator, announces that its fully owned subsidiary, 012 Smile Telecom Ltd. ("012 Smile") received a lawsuit and a motion for the recognition of this lawsuit as a class action, filed against 012 Smile and two other international long distance operators (the "Defendants") in the Central District Court on September 11, 2016.
The claim alleges, among others, that the Defendants charge excessive tariffs from occasional customers for each long distance call minute, contrary to section 17 of the Communications Law (Telecommunications and Broadcasting) 1982, that allows a licensee to charge reasonable payment for a telecommunication service that it provides.
The total amount claimed against the Defendants if the lawsuit is recognized as a class action was not stated by the plaintiff.
012 Smile is reviewing and assessing the lawsuit and is unable at this preliminary stage, to evaluate, with any degree of certainty, the probability of success of the lawsuit or the range of potential exposure, if any.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- Diplomat Pharmacy (DPLO) CFO Sean Whelan to Step Down; Paul Urick Promoted to President
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!