Partner Communications (PTNR) Says Class Action Files Against 012 Smile Subsidiary
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Partner Communications Company Ltd. ("Partner" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: PTNR) (TASE: PTNR), a leading Israeli communications operator, announces that its fully owned subsidiary, 012 Smile Telecom Ltd. ("012 Smile") received a lawsuit and a motion for the recognition of this lawsuit as a class action, filed against 012 Smile and two other international long distance operators (the "Defendants") in the Central District Court on September 11, 2016.
The claim alleges, among others, that the Defendants charge excessive tariffs from occasional customers for each long distance call minute, contrary to section 17 of the Communications Law (Telecommunications and Broadcasting) 1982, that allows a licensee to charge reasonable payment for a telecommunication service that it provides.
The total amount claimed against the Defendants if the lawsuit is recognized as a class action was not stated by the plaintiff.
012 Smile is reviewing and assessing the lawsuit and is unable at this preliminary stage, to evaluate, with any degree of certainty, the probability of success of the lawsuit or the range of potential exposure, if any.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
- Altra Industrial Motion (AIMC) to Acquire GKN's Stromag
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!