Partner Communications (PTNR) Says Class Action Files Against 012 Smile Subsidiary
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Partner Communications Company Ltd. ("Partner" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: PTNR) (TASE: PTNR), a leading Israeli communications operator, announces that its fully owned subsidiary, 012 Smile Telecom Ltd. ("012 Smile") received a lawsuit and a motion for the recognition of this lawsuit as a class action, filed against 012 Smile and two other international long distance operators (the "Defendants") in the Central District Court on September 11, 2016.
The claim alleges, among others, that the Defendants charge excessive tariffs from occasional customers for each long distance call minute, contrary to section 17 of the Communications Law (Telecommunications and Broadcasting) 1982, that allows a licensee to charge reasonable payment for a telecommunication service that it provides.
The total amount claimed against the Defendants if the lawsuit is recognized as a class action was not stated by the plaintiff.
012 Smile is reviewing and assessing the lawsuit and is unable at this preliminary stage, to evaluate, with any degree of certainty, the probability of success of the lawsuit or the range of potential exposure, if any.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Corning (GLW) Takes Minority Stake in Menlo Micro
- L-3 Communications (LLL) Plans Name Change to 'L3 Technologies'
- Codexis (CDXS) Enters Supply Agreement with Tate & Lyle for Proprietary Enzyme
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!