Partner Communications (PTNR) Says Class Action Files Against 012 Smile Subsidiary
- Futures flat as countdown to Trump's inauguration begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- Oil rallies from one-week low as IEA sees tighter market
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Partner Communications Company Ltd. ("Partner" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: PTNR) (TASE: PTNR), a leading Israeli communications operator, announces that its fully owned subsidiary, 012 Smile Telecom Ltd. ("012 Smile") received a lawsuit and a motion for the recognition of this lawsuit as a class action, filed against 012 Smile and two other international long distance operators (the "Defendants") in the Central District Court on September 11, 2016.
The claim alleges, among others, that the Defendants charge excessive tariffs from occasional customers for each long distance call minute, contrary to section 17 of the Communications Law (Telecommunications and Broadcasting) 1982, that allows a licensee to charge reasonable payment for a telecommunication service that it provides.
The total amount claimed against the Defendants if the lawsuit is recognized as a class action was not stated by the plaintiff.
012 Smile is reviewing and assessing the lawsuit and is unable at this preliminary stage, to evaluate, with any degree of certainty, the probability of success of the lawsuit or the range of potential exposure, if any.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Partner Communications (PTNR) Announces Departure of CFO Ziv Leitman
- Callidus Software, Inc. (CALD) Names Nina Richardson to Board of Directors
- Orthofix Int'l (OFIX) Confirms SEC Resolution
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!