Parsley Energy (PE) Announces $400M Midland Basin Acquisition
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Parsley Energy, Inc. (NYSE: PE) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire certain undeveloped acreage and producing oil and gas properties in Glasscock County, Texas, as well as associated mineral and overriding royalty interests, for an aggregate purchase price of $400 million in cash, subject to customary closing conditions. Parsley intends to finance this acquisition through debt and equity issuances announced concurrently with the acquisition.
- 11,672 gross (9,140 net) leasehold acres near existing Parsley leasehold in Glasscock County, Texas
- Mineral and overriding royalty interests boost net revenue interest by approximately 5% on average
- Estimated current net production of approximately 270 Boe per day from 67 gross (60 net) vertical wells
- 240 gross (215 net) horizontal drilling locations in the Lower Spraberry, Wolfcamp A, and Wolfcamp B formations, based on 660' between-well spacing, with an estimated average lateral length of approximately 7,500'
- Additional horizontal drilling locations in the Middle Spraberry, Wolfcamp C, and Cline formations
- High average working interest of approximately 92% on identified drilling locations
- 99% held by production
- Pre-existing facilities and infrastructure, including five saltwater disposal wells, facilitate ongoing development
- Scheduled to close on or before October 4, 2016, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions
Initial Glasscock County Horizontal Well Results
Parsley's first producing horizontal well on the Glasscock County acreage the Company acquired in May has shown encouraging results to date. The Dwight Gooden 6-7-01AH, located approximately 2.5 miles west of the acreage to be acquired and completed in the Wolfcamp A interval with a 5,890' stimulated lateral, registered a strong peak 30-day initial production ("IP") rate of 1,161 Boe per day or 197 Boe per day per thousand stimulated feet. Normalized to 7,000 lateral feet, the well is outperforming the Company's 1 million Boe EUR type curve for Midland Basin Wolfcamp A/B wells by 10% after almost 90 days of production, generating 82% oil during that timeframe.
"The pending acquisition of leasehold and associated assets establishes Glasscock County as another key development area for Parsley Energy," stated Bryan Sheffield, CEO of Parsley Energy. "Offset well performance and initial results on our first horizontal well in the area suggest that the properties to be acquired may compete with the best of our existing horizontal drilling inventory, and the acquisition of associated royalty interests boosts the return profile of these properties. We continue to build a high-quality acreage footprint consisting of favorably distributed development areas that can accommodate significant rig count additions, and we believe this acquisition represents an important step toward a large-scale, basin-wide development program that can generate sustainably strong production and cash flow growth."
The Company has filed a registration statement (including a prospectus) with the SEC for the equity offering to which this communication relates. Before you invest, you should read the prospectus in that registration statement and other documents the Company has filed with the SEC for more complete information about the Company and the equity offering. You may get these documents for free by visiting EDGAR on the SEC Web site at www.sec.gov. Alternatively, the issuer, any underwriter or any dealer participating in the equity offering will arrange to send you the prospectus if you request it by contacting J.P. Morgan, via Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, New York, 11717, or by telephone at (866) 803-9204, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NYSE to Suspend Trading in MGT Capital Investments (MGT); Will Move to Delist
- HealthEquity (HQY) Prices 2.5M Secondary Stock Offering for Proceeds of ~$89.6M
- Puma Biotech (PBYI) Prices 3.75M Common Stock Offering at $40/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Definitive Agreement, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!