Paragon Offshore (PGNPQ) Says Court Denied Modified Second Amended Joint Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Paragon Offshore plc (OTC: PGNPQ) announced that the United States Bankruptcy Court (the “Bankruptcy Court”) for the District of Delaware has given an oral ruling denying confirmation of the company’s previously filed Modified Second Amended Joint Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization (the “Plan”). A written ruling is expected to follow shortly. Paragon filed for protection under chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code on February 14, 2016.
In issuing his oral ruling, Judge Christopher Sontchi commented that the Plan is not feasible as it removes too much cash from the company during the current downturn. However, he noted that his ruling did not preclude the company from a restructuring, only that the company could not do so under the current Plan.
Paragon is evaluating its course of action but cannot comment on details of the next steps the company will take. The company continues to believe, but cannot provide any assurances, that a positive resolution of the company’s restructuring process can be achieved.
Additional Information on Restructuring
Court filings as well as other information related to Paragon's restructuring are available through the company's claims agent, Kurtzman Carson Consultants, at http://www.kccllc.net/paragon or via phone call to 866-967-0491 (toll-free in North America) or 310-751-2691 (Outside North America).
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP is serving as legal counsel to Paragon and Lazard is serving as financial advisor.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Litigation
Related EntitiesLazard, Bankruptcy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!