Pandora (P), Warner Music Group Enter Recorded Music Licensing Agreement
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Pandora (NYSE: P) announced a direct licensing agreement for recorded music with Warner Music Group. This agreement enables both companies to support artists and satisfy the full range of music listening experiences for consumers.
“Warner has been a tremendous partner to Pandora and we’re thrilled to expand the relationship in a way that truly supports both of our businesses and the artists we serve,” said Tim Westergren, founder and CEO of Pandora. “With this agreement, we’re on a path to launch the world’s most personal and complete music experience that our listeners will love.”
“Pandora has built a huge audience with a compelling product and we’re looking forward to new and enhanced subscription services for music fans and improved monetization for our artists,” said Ron Wilcox, Executive Counsel for Business Affairs, Strategic and Digital Initiatives, Warner Music Group.
Today, more than 78 million users listen over 24 hours per month to Pandora’s ad-supported and subscription offerings - more than twice the engagement of all other streaming services. Pandora will soon deliver the world’s most personal and complete music experience, while opening up the full power of the platform to connect artists with their fans at scale and leverage the promotional offerings of Pandora’s Artist Marketing Platform (AMP).
The agreement applies to Pandora’s business in the United States.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Pandora (P) to Outperform
- VirnetX Holding (VHC) Disappointed on Federal Circuit's Decisions; Positive on Dissenter
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!