Pandora (P), Warner Music Group Enter Recorded Music Licensing Agreement
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Pandora (NYSE: P) announced a direct licensing agreement for recorded music with Warner Music Group. This agreement enables both companies to support artists and satisfy the full range of music listening experiences for consumers.
“Warner has been a tremendous partner to Pandora and we’re thrilled to expand the relationship in a way that truly supports both of our businesses and the artists we serve,” said Tim Westergren, founder and CEO of Pandora. “With this agreement, we’re on a path to launch the world’s most personal and complete music experience that our listeners will love.”
“Pandora has built a huge audience with a compelling product and we’re looking forward to new and enhanced subscription services for music fans and improved monetization for our artists,” said Ron Wilcox, Executive Counsel for Business Affairs, Strategic and Digital Initiatives, Warner Music Group.
Today, more than 78 million users listen over 24 hours per month to Pandora’s ad-supported and subscription offerings - more than twice the engagement of all other streaming services. Pandora will soon deliver the world’s most personal and complete music experience, while opening up the full power of the platform to connect artists with their fans at scale and leverage the promotional offerings of Pandora’s Artist Marketing Platform (AMP).
The agreement applies to Pandora’s business in the United States.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Pandora (P) to Outperform
- 3M Co. (MMM) Enters Agreement to Sell HOYA Vision Care Business
- Corning (GLW) Announces Equity Investment in Menlo Micro
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!