Pandora (P), Warner Music Group Enter Recorded Music Licensing Agreement
- Deutsche helps lift European stocks before Yellen, Draghi
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Will End Internal Hardware Development; Boosts FY17 Outlook
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Oil climbs after industry data shows U.S. inventory draw
- Tempur Sealy (TPX) Updates on Outlook; Sees Q3 Sales Below Prior Expectations
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Pandora (NYSE: P) announced a direct licensing agreement for recorded music with Warner Music Group. This agreement enables both companies to support artists and satisfy the full range of music listening experiences for consumers.
“Warner has been a tremendous partner to Pandora and we’re thrilled to expand the relationship in a way that truly supports both of our businesses and the artists we serve,” said Tim Westergren, founder and CEO of Pandora. “With this agreement, we’re on a path to launch the world’s most personal and complete music experience that our listeners will love.”
“Pandora has built a huge audience with a compelling product and we’re looking forward to new and enhanced subscription services for music fans and improved monetization for our artists,” said Ron Wilcox, Executive Counsel for Business Affairs, Strategic and Digital Initiatives, Warner Music Group.
Today, more than 78 million users listen over 24 hours per month to Pandora’s ad-supported and subscription offerings - more than twice the engagement of all other streaming services. Pandora will soon deliver the world’s most personal and complete music experience, while opening up the full power of the platform to connect artists with their fans at scale and leverage the promotional offerings of Pandora’s Artist Marketing Platform (AMP).
The agreement applies to Pandora’s business in the United States.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo (WFC) CEO Stumpf to Forfeit $41M in Equity Awards; Company Announces Independent Investigation into Retail Banking Sales Practices
- Celgene (CELG) Announces Long-Term Safety Findings for OTEZLA in Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis
- Incyte (INCY) Announces Publication of Updated Phase 1 Data on Epacadostat + Keytruda in Advanced Melanoma (MRK)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!