Palatin Technologies (PTN) Announces Presentation of Bemelanotide Data in HSDD
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Palatin Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: PTN) announced that a review of the neurobiology and treatment efficacy of bremelanotide for hypoactive sexual desire disorder ("HSDD") was presented at the International Society for Sexual Medicine 20th World Meeting in Beijing, China.
Anita H. Clayton, M.D., of the University of Virginia School of Medicine, is lead author on the poster entitled "Bremelanotide: A Review of Its Neurobiology and Treatment Efficacy for HSDD." The poster addresses mechanisms of sexual response and the pathophysiology of HSDD, and describes the potential of bremelanotide to modulate brain pathways involved in sexual response. The poster is available at Palatin's website, www.palatin.com.
James G. Pfaus, Ph.D., of Concordia University in Montreal, Canada was co-author, together with Johna Lucas, M.D., Carl Spana, Ph.D. and Robert Jordan of Palatin.
Palatin is developing bremelanotide, a centrally-mediated medication, as a subcutaneous, on-demand treatment for premenopausal women diagnosed with HSDD. Bremelanotide, which is a melanocortin 4 receptor agonist drug candidate, is a synthetic peptide analog of the naturally occurring hormone alpha-MSH (melanocyte-stimulating hormone).
Last patient visits for the efficacy portion of Phase 3 trials with bremelanotide for HSDD were completed in the third quarter of calendar year 2016. Topline results are projected to be released early fourth quarter of calendar year 2016.
Bremelanotide is dosed as an as-needed (not chronic) medical treatment. This treatment is unlike flibanserin (ADDYI®) and some other female sexual dysfunction treatments in development that require daily administration and life style modifications.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Altra Industrial Motion (AIMC) to Acquire GKN's Stromag
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!