PPG Industries (PPG) to Acquire DEUTEK S.A
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
PPG (NYSE: PPG) today announced that it has reached an agreement with the Emerging Europe Accession Fund (EEAF) to acquire DEUTEK S.A., a leading Romanian paint and architectural coatings manufacturer. PPG expects the transaction to close in the first quarter 2017, following the receipt of regulatory approvals and satisfaction of customary closing conditions. Financial terms were not disclosed.
DEUTEK, established in 1993, manufactures and markets a large portfolio of well-known professional and consumer paint brands, including OSKAR and Danke!. The company’s products are sold in more than 120 do-it-yourself stores and 3,500 independent retail outlets in Romania. DEUTEK, which is currently owned by EEAF, reported sales of 30 million euros in 2015.
“DEUTEK is a well-managed business with a long heritage of excellent customer service and a portfolio of leading, well-recognized brands in Romania,” said Jean-Marie Greindl, PPG senior vice president, global architectural coatings, and president, PPG Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). “The acquisition adds the fastest-growing paint brands in Romania, where PPG has only a small presence in architectural coatings.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PPG Industries (PPG) Acquires Assets of Futian; Terms Not Disclosed
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!