PPG Industries (PPG) to Acquire DEUTEK S.A
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
PPG (NYSE: PPG) today announced that it has reached an agreement with the Emerging Europe Accession Fund (EEAF) to acquire DEUTEK S.A., a leading Romanian paint and architectural coatings manufacturer. PPG expects the transaction to close in the first quarter 2017, following the receipt of regulatory approvals and satisfaction of customary closing conditions. Financial terms were not disclosed.
DEUTEK, established in 1993, manufactures and markets a large portfolio of well-known professional and consumer paint brands, including OSKAR and Danke!. The company’s products are sold in more than 120 do-it-yourself stores and 3,500 independent retail outlets in Romania. DEUTEK, which is currently owned by EEAF, reported sales of 30 million euros in 2015.
“DEUTEK is a well-managed business with a long heritage of excellent customer service and a portfolio of leading, well-recognized brands in Romania,” said Jean-Marie Greindl, PPG senior vice president, global architectural coatings, and president, PPG Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). “The acquisition adds the fastest-growing paint brands in Romania, where PPG has only a small presence in architectural coatings.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- CECO Environmental (CECE) Names New CFO
- Corning (GLW) Takes Minority Stake in Menlo Micro
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!