PPG Industries (PPG) Announces Completion of Fiber Glass JVs Sale
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Wall Street set to open flat after record day
- Oil rallies over $50 despite OPEC output cut doubts
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
PPG (NYSE: PPG) announced that it has completed the sale of its 50 percent ownership interest in its two PFG Fiber Glass joint ventures (PFG) to Nan Ya Plastics Corp., which owned the other 50 percent interest. Nan Ya is affiliated with Taiwan-based Formosa Plastics Group. PPG received gross proceeds of approximately $170 million from the transaction.
PFG was formed as an equally-held joint venture between PPG and Nan Ya in 1987, with a single production facility in Chia Yi, Taiwan. To meet growing demand, a second joint venture was formed to add a production facility in Kunshan, China, in 2001.
PFG supplies electronic yarn fibers used in integrated electronic circuit boards and fiber glass reinforcement products for automotive applications.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Adams Resources (AE) Appoints New CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!