PHH Corp. (PHH) Issues Commentary on Court of Appeals Opinion; Gratified that CFPB Director Decision Overturned
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
PHH Corporation (NYSE: PHH) issued the following statement in response to the opinion released on October 11, 2016 by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in which the Court vacated the decision of the Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (the “CFPB”) ordering the Company to disgorge $109 million in reinsurance premiums:
“We are extremely gratified that the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned the Director’s decision related to our former mortgage reinsurance activities. We are hopeful that the Court’s opinion will provide greater certainty to the entire mortgage industry regarding the industry’s reliance on long-standing regulation as to how to conduct business consistent with RESPA. Regarding the Court’s decision to remand the case to the CFPB to determine whether any mortgage insurers paid more than reasonable market value to the PHH-affiliated reinsurer, we will continue to present the facts and evidence to demonstrate that we complied with RESPA and other laws applicable to our former mortgage reinsurance activities in all respects.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Ethicon Announces Acquisition of Megadyne Medical Products (JNJ)
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!