PHH Corp. (PHH) Issues Commentary on Court of Appeals Opinion; Gratified that CFPB Director Decision Overturned
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
PHH Corporation (NYSE: PHH) issued the following statement in response to the opinion released on October 11, 2016 by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in which the Court vacated the decision of the Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (the “CFPB”) ordering the Company to disgorge $109 million in reinsurance premiums:
“We are extremely gratified that the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned the Director’s decision related to our former mortgage reinsurance activities. We are hopeful that the Court’s opinion will provide greater certainty to the entire mortgage industry regarding the industry’s reliance on long-standing regulation as to how to conduct business consistent with RESPA. Regarding the Court’s decision to remand the case to the CFPB to determine whether any mortgage insurers paid more than reasonable market value to the PHH-affiliated reinsurer, we will continue to present the facts and evidence to demonstrate that we complied with RESPA and other laws applicable to our former mortgage reinsurance activities in all respects.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- VirnetX Holding (VHC) Disappointed on Federal Circuit's Decisions; Positive on Dissenter
- Biogen (BIIB), AbbVie (ABBV) Receive Health Canada Approve for Once-Monthly Zinbryata
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!