PHH Corp. (PHH) Comments on NYDFS Settlement; Has Agreed to Pay $28M Civil Penalty
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
PHH Corporation (NYSE: PHH) issued the following statement in conjunction with the agreement to settle certain matters regarding legacy mortgage servicing and origination activities of PHH Mortgage Corporation and PHH Home Loans, LLC, as applicable, with the New York State Department of Financial Services (“DFS”).
“We have agreed to resolve concerns raised by the DFS arising from legacy servicing and origination examinations conducted between 2010 and 2014 in order to avoid the distraction and expense of litigation. While we provided detailed responses to the examination findings and worked cooperatively with the DFS on this matter, we concluded that settling these matters is in the best interest of PHH and its constituents. As acknowledged by the DFS in the agreement, PHH has made substantial strides in improving our servicing operations. These enhancements are part of our ongoing investments in compliance, technology, process management, and oversight infrastructure. We remain committed to making necessary enhancements in our operations and serving our customers in a fair and appropriate manner.”
Under the terms of the agreement, PHH will pay a civil monetary penalty of $28 million, engage an independent third-party auditor for a period of 12 months, and conduct a review of a sample of loans originated from 2008 to 2014 to review certain origination practices and disclosures. As previously stated, the agreement will not result in material changes to PHH’s legal reserves or reasonably possible losses in excess of such reserves.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Announces Filing Regulatory Submission with EMA for FF/UMEC/VI as COPD Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!