Oxford Immunotec (OXFD) Receives Favorable Recommendation in Tuberculosis Test Patent Spat
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (Nasdaq: OXFD) announced that the U.S. Magistrate Judge in the Company’s patent infringement lawsuit against Qiagen, Inc., Quest Diagnostics, Inc. and Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings has issued a recommendation denying in substantial part the defendants’ motion to dismiss the Company’s claims. In issuing his recommendation, the magistrate judge stated, “At this early juncture, the Court concludes that the in vitro aspect of the plaintiff’s tuberculosis test is an ‘inventive concept’ because it improves on prior methods of detecting tuberculosis infection.” The magistrate judge’s recommendation should now allow the Company to press forward with its case against the three defendants, asserting infringement of its six patents relating to methods for diagnosing TB infection.
“We are encouraged by the magistrate judge’s recommendation as it affirms our belief that Qiagen’s TB tests, as well as the laboratories performing those tests, are infringing our patented intellectual property,” said Dr. Peter Wrighton-Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Oxford Immunotec. “We look forward to vigorously prosecuting our claims based upon our six patents through the next phases of discovery and trial.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Leap Presents Biomarker Data from Study of DKN-01 Combo with Paclitaxel in Esophageal Cancer (MCUR)
- Wix.com (WIX) to Acquire flok
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!