Oxford Immunotec (OXFD) Gets Favorable Patent Infringement Verdict
- Stock futures rise as flurry of deal activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices fall as Iraq resists joining output cut
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (Nasdaq: OXFD) announced that the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts reinstated the kit claims of the Company’s patent infringement claims against the defendants, Qiagen, Inc., Quest Diagnostics Inc. and Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, following its review of the Magistrate Judge’s Report and Recommendation of August 31, 2016. In issuing its ruling, the District Court rejected Qiagen’s arguments that the patents were not valid and permitted the case to proceed on Qiagen’s products and its customers’ use of them. As a result of the District Court’s decision, all claims of the Company's six patents remain at issue and the case will proceed to the next phases of discovery and, ultimately, trial.
“We are pleased by the court’s decision and, in particular, the reinstatement of the direct infringement claims against Qiagen,” said Dr. Peter Wrighton-Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Oxford Immunotec. “Defense of all claims of our patents remains a priority for us and we will continue to pursue such defense vigorously.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) to File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Enters RSA with Certain Lenders, Noteholders
- Aduro Biotech (ADRO) Announces Partial Clinical Hold of LADD Trials
- Inovio Pharma (INO) Announces FDA Clinical Hold Placed on Proposed VGX-3100 Phase 3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Litigation
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!