Otonomy's (OTIC) OTIPRIO Receives CMS Assignment of J Code
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Otonomy, Inc. (Nasdaq: OTIC) announced that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) established a unique J code for OTIPRIO (ciprofloxacin otic suspension). The code, J7342, will become effective January 1, 2017. This new code will replace the existing C code (C9479) while retaining transitional pass-through payment status.
“We welcome CMS’s decision to assign a J code for OTIPRIO which will become the permanent billing code for OTIPRIO in all settings including the hospital outpatient department, ambulatory surgery center, and physician office,” said David A. Weber, Ph.D., president and CEO of Otonomy. “Assignment of the J code will simplify billing for OTIPRIO and address the requirements of certain payors who require a J code for reimbursement. Furthermore, obtaining a J code now will support reimbursement in the physician office setting which is relevant for ear tube surgeries and the predominant site of care for OTIPRIO's potential label expansion indications."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stonemor Partners (STON) Announces Resignation of CFO Sean McGrath
- Raytheon (RTN) Awarded $235M from Navy for Standard Missile-6 Production
- Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Names Jocelyn Wong as CMO as Marci Grebstein Leaves
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!