Otonomy's (OTIC) OTIPRIO Receives CMS Assignment of J Code
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Otonomy, Inc. (Nasdaq: OTIC) announced that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) established a unique J code for OTIPRIO (ciprofloxacin otic suspension). The code, J7342, will become effective January 1, 2017. This new code will replace the existing C code (C9479) while retaining transitional pass-through payment status.
“We welcome CMS’s decision to assign a J code for OTIPRIO which will become the permanent billing code for OTIPRIO in all settings including the hospital outpatient department, ambulatory surgery center, and physician office,” said David A. Weber, Ph.D., president and CEO of Otonomy. “Assignment of the J code will simplify billing for OTIPRIO and address the requirements of certain payors who require a J code for reimbursement. Furthermore, obtaining a J code now will support reimbursement in the physician office setting which is relevant for ear tube surgeries and the predominant site of care for OTIPRIO's potential label expansion indications."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Air Transport Services Group (ATSG) Announces ABX Air Motion Converted to Preliminary Injunction
- Summit Financial Group (SMMF) Announces First Century Shareholders Approve Acquisition
- Alere (ALR) Comments on Abbott (ABT) Complaint; Believes Suit is 'Without Merit'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!