Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) Wins Second Approval for Prochymal
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Upgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Buy
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 8/31: (BTH) (BLFS) (LEI) Higher; (STXS) (CFMS) (FORD) Lower
- Recent Market Correction Seen as 'Extremely Unusual'
- Wall St. pares some early losses as oil prices rally
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) to Acquire Scioderm in ~$950M Deal
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSIR), announced today it has received consent from New Zealand to market its first-in-class stem cell therapy Prochymal® (remestemcel-L), for the treatment of acute graft-vs-host disease (GvHD) in children. With this decision New Zealand joins Canada, which last month became the world’s first internationally recognized regulatory authority to grant approval to a stem cell drug. Prochymal is also the first therapy approved for GvHD - a devastating complication of bone marrow transplantation that kills up to 80 percent of children affected, many within just weeks of diagnosis.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Novogen Ltd. (NVGN) Completes Strategic Review; Will Begin Interviewing CEO Candidates in Oct.
- Sanofi (SNY) Enters Diabetes Collaboration with Google Life Sciences
- Sunshine Heart (SSH) Announced Receipt of FDA Approval for COUNTER HF Amendment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!