Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) Wins Second Approval for Prochymal
- OptumRx to Acquire Catamaran (CTRX) for $61.50/Share (UHS)
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP) to Acquire Hyperion Therapeutics (HPTX) in $1.1B Deal
- Intel (INTC) in Talks to Buy Altera Corp (ALTR) - WSJ
- Biogen (BIIB) Price Target Lifted at BMO Capital; BIIB-037 Opportunity Could Exceed $10B
- Fujifilm to Acquire Cellular Dynamics International (ICEL) for $16.50/Share
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSIR), announced today it has received consent from New Zealand to market its first-in-class stem cell therapy Prochymal® (remestemcel-L), for the treatment of acute graft-vs-host disease (GvHD) in children. With this decision New Zealand joins Canada, which last month became the world’s first internationally recognized regulatory authority to grant approval to a stem cell drug. Prochymal is also the first therapy approved for GvHD - a devastating complication of bone marrow transplantation that kills up to 80 percent of children affected, many within just weeks of diagnosis.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Iridex Corp (IRIX) Receives U.S. Patent Covering iClip Closure Device
- OPKO Health (OPK) Enters $36.4M Conv. Notes Agreement
- Acacia Research (ACTG) Unit, Elavon Enter Settlement, Licensing Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!