Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) Names Alberto Avendano, M.D. as CMO
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSIR) today announced that it has appointed R. Alberto Avendano, M.D., as the Company’s Chief Medical Officer.
Dr. Avendano brings to Osiris his expertise in medical education and communication, academic and industry clinical research, pharmacovigilance and regulatory affairs. In his role as Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Avendano will manage and oversee the continued growth of the Company’s Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations, act as the Company’s medical spokesperson, and participate in development of clinical programs for the Company’s products and technologies.
“Alberto brings a wealth of managerial and life sciences expertise to Osiris during an important time in our company’s growth,” said David A. Dresner, Interim CEO of Osiris. “Alberto will bridge our research and development team to our marketing team, furthering our commitment to help patients both today and into the future, as we continue to launch innovative therapies into the regenerative medicine space.”
Dr. Avendano received his license to practice medicine almost 30 years ago. From June 2013 until joining Osiris, Dr. Avendano served as the Medical Director for Indivior Inc. (previously Reckitt Benckisser Pharmaceuticals). Prior to joining Indivior, Dr. Avendano served in a variety of medical director and research positions, most recently as Associate Medical Director at EMD Serono, Inc.
Osiris welcomes Dr. Avendano as the newest member of the team.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Pfizer (PFE), Astellas Announce FDA Approval of Updated XTANDI Label for Adv. Prostate Cancer
- DAVIDsTEA Inc. (DTEA) CEO Toutant to Resign
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!