Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) Names Alberto Avendano, M.D. as CMO
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall St. slips on earnings; Apple results due
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Raises Outlook
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSIR) today announced that it has appointed R. Alberto Avendano, M.D., as the Company’s Chief Medical Officer.
Dr. Avendano brings to Osiris his expertise in medical education and communication, academic and industry clinical research, pharmacovigilance and regulatory affairs. In his role as Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Avendano will manage and oversee the continued growth of the Company’s Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations, act as the Company’s medical spokesperson, and participate in development of clinical programs for the Company’s products and technologies.
“Alberto brings a wealth of managerial and life sciences expertise to Osiris during an important time in our company’s growth,” said David A. Dresner, Interim CEO of Osiris. “Alberto will bridge our research and development team to our marketing team, furthering our commitment to help patients both today and into the future, as we continue to launch innovative therapies into the regenerative medicine space.”
Dr. Avendano received his license to practice medicine almost 30 years ago. From June 2013 until joining Osiris, Dr. Avendano served as the Medical Director for Indivior Inc. (previously Reckitt Benckisser Pharmaceuticals). Prior to joining Indivior, Dr. Avendano served in a variety of medical director and research positions, most recently as Associate Medical Director at EMD Serono, Inc.
Osiris welcomes Dr. Avendano as the newest member of the team.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Diplomat Pharmacy (DPLO) CFO Sean Whelan to Step Down; Paul Urick Promoted to President
- KemPharm (KMPH) Files IND with U.S. FDA to Commence Human Trials of KP201/IR
- Endologix (ELGX) Names New Chief Medical Officer