Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) Names Alberto Avendano, M.D. as CMO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSIR) today announced that it has appointed R. Alberto Avendano, M.D., as the Company’s Chief Medical Officer.
Dr. Avendano brings to Osiris his expertise in medical education and communication, academic and industry clinical research, pharmacovigilance and regulatory affairs. In his role as Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Avendano will manage and oversee the continued growth of the Company’s Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations, act as the Company’s medical spokesperson, and participate in development of clinical programs for the Company’s products and technologies.
“Alberto brings a wealth of managerial and life sciences expertise to Osiris during an important time in our company’s growth,” said David A. Dresner, Interim CEO of Osiris. “Alberto will bridge our research and development team to our marketing team, furthering our commitment to help patients both today and into the future, as we continue to launch innovative therapies into the regenerative medicine space.”
Dr. Avendano received his license to practice medicine almost 30 years ago. From June 2013 until joining Osiris, Dr. Avendano served as the Medical Director for Indivior Inc. (previously Reckitt Benckisser Pharmaceuticals). Prior to joining Indivior, Dr. Avendano served in a variety of medical director and research positions, most recently as Associate Medical Director at EMD Serono, Inc.
Osiris welcomes Dr. Avendano as the newest member of the team.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
- KVH Industries (KVHI) Names New CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!