Oshkosh Defense (OSK) Receives $42M JLTV Program Order
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Calls Apple's (AAPL) Claims 'Baseless'
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Kate Spade (KATE) Said to Attract Interest from Coach (COH) and Michael Kors (KORS) - Bloomberg
- Oil falls as signs of U.S. output rise overshadow OPEC-led cuts
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Oshkosh Defense, LLC, an Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE: OSK) company, announced that the U.S. Army has placed a $42 million order that exercises available options for the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) program including vehicles, installed kits and packaged kits. The order is the third since the contract was awarded in August 2015. Work will be performed in Oshkosh, Wisconsin with an estimated completion date of November 2017.
“This latest order demonstrates that the JLTV continues to be a central piece of the Army’s future ground force and a modernization priority,” said Dave Diersen, Oshkosh Defense vice president of Joint Programs. “The JLTV program is moving forward with a focus on giving Soldiers and Marines the next generation light vehicle they need for their missions.”
The JLTV program will replace 55,000 of the U.S. Army and Marine Corps’ uparmored HMMWVs. The JLTV designed and manufactured by Oshkosh delivers unmatched performance, protection, networking and off-road mobility in a light vehicle package to support Soldiers and Marines as they perform missions outside the wire. Designed with room for growth as threats evolve, the JLTV’s scalable design is able to adapt to future requirements.
The Oshkosh JLTV, which will be on display at Modern Day Marine 2016 from September 27-29, is outfitted with an EOS R-400S-MK2 remote weapon system integrated with Orbital ATK's M230 LF 30 mm lightweight automatic chain gun to demonstrate the vehicle’s ability to support increased lethality including a medium caliber weapon system.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
- NQ Mobile (NQ) Enters LOI for Sale of FL Mobile, Showself and $100M Investment
- Kamada (KMDA) Announces Positive Scientific Advice Response from CHMP on G1-AAT IV for aGvHD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!