Oshkosh Defense (OSK) Receives $42M JLTV Program Order
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Oshkosh Defense, LLC, an Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE: OSK) company, announced that the U.S. Army has placed a $42 million order that exercises available options for the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) program including vehicles, installed kits and packaged kits. The order is the third since the contract was awarded in August 2015. Work will be performed in Oshkosh, Wisconsin with an estimated completion date of November 2017.
“This latest order demonstrates that the JLTV continues to be a central piece of the Army’s future ground force and a modernization priority,” said Dave Diersen, Oshkosh Defense vice president of Joint Programs. “The JLTV program is moving forward with a focus on giving Soldiers and Marines the next generation light vehicle they need for their missions.”
The JLTV program will replace 55,000 of the U.S. Army and Marine Corps’ uparmored HMMWVs. The JLTV designed and manufactured by Oshkosh delivers unmatched performance, protection, networking and off-road mobility in a light vehicle package to support Soldiers and Marines as they perform missions outside the wire. Designed with room for growth as threats evolve, the JLTV’s scalable design is able to adapt to future requirements.
The Oshkosh JLTV, which will be on display at Modern Day Marine 2016 from September 27-29, is outfitted with an EOS R-400S-MK2 remote weapon system integrated with Orbital ATK's M230 LF 30 mm lightweight automatic chain gun to demonstrate the vehicle’s ability to support increased lethality including a medium caliber weapon system.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- MyoKardia (MYOK) Receives $25M Milestone Related to MYK-491 Development (SNY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!