Oshkosh Corp. (OSK) Boosts FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE: OSK) is announcing at its Analyst Day being held today that the Company is increasing its fiscal 2016 financial estimates and expects to deliver year-over-year growth in revenue, operating income and earnings per share (EPS) in fiscal 2017.
“Oshkosh Corporation is a different integrated global industrial company that is delivering solid results, underscored by our updated fiscal 2016 estimates and confidence that we will build on this performance in fiscal 2017,” said Wilson R. Jones, Oshkosh Corporation president and chief executive officer. “Looking to next year, we anticipate increases in revenue, operating income and EPS despite expected lower sales and operating income in our access equipment segment.
“Longer-term, we expect strong free cash flow over the cycle to provide capital allocation alternatives that will benefit our shareholders. We expect to achieve our fiscal 2017 estimates through the continued execution and evolution of our MOVE strategy, which has delivered for customers and shareholders alike over the last several years. We look forward to sharing more about our objectives and plans to continue driving shareholder value this morning during our Analyst Day.”
The Company’s updated estimates for fiscal 2016 include:
- Revenues of $6.1 billion to $6.2 billion
- Adjusted operating income of $360 million to $375 million
- Adjusted EPS of $2.85 to $3.00
*** Consensus estimates call for FY16 revenue of $6.1 billion with EPS of $2.78.
The Company now believes it will deliver stronger than previously expected performance in the fiscal fourth quarter of 2016 as a result of expected higher deliveries of M-ATVs in the Company’s defense segment, access equipment segment sales at the high end of prior expectations and a lower tax rate.
The Company’s initial estimates for fiscal 2017 include:
- Revenues of $6.5 billion to $6.7 billion
- Operating income of $390 million to $430 million
- EPS of $3.00 to $3.40
*** Consensus estimates call for FY17 revenue of $6.66 billion with EPS of $3.56.
At the Company’s Analyst Day, the Oshkosh leadership team will review each of its four business segments and provide updates on expected segment performance in fiscal 2016 as well as discuss each segment’s initial outlook for fiscal 2017.
Fiscal 2016 adjusted results exclude expected restructuring charges of $27.0 million resulting from the Company's decision to outsource certain aftermarket parts distribution center and logistics operations in the U.S. and Europe in the Company's access equipment segment. The Company expects the EPS impact of these restructuring charges in fiscal 2016 will be $0.23. The Company expects to finalize the amounts of the charges resulting from these actions in the next several weeks, so actual amounts may be slightly different.
The Oshkosh 2016 Analyst Day presentation and webcast will be available on the Investor Relations portion of Oshkosh’s website, at http://investor.oshkoshcorporation.com beginning at 9:00 a.m. EDT. To access the webcast, investors should go to www.oshkoshcorporation.com at least 15 minutes prior to the event.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Seagate Technology (STX) Appoints Mark Adams to Board of Directors
- AIG (AIG) Enters Reinsurance Agreement with Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Unit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!