OraSure (OSUR) Wins FDA Approval for OraQuick(R) In-Home HIV Test
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Misses Q2 EPS by 1c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 7/21: (SANM) (CMG) (APA) Higher; (TEP) (RMBS) (TXN) Lower (more...)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Tops Q2 EPS by 43c
- EMC Corp. (EMC) Targeted by Activist Investor Elliott Management
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 07/21: (RGDO) (EXTR) (PLUG) Higher; (EZPW) (ITRI) (ICLD) (More...)
OraSure Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: OSUR) today announced that the U.S. FDA has approved the Company's OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test for sale directly to consumers in the over-the-counter (OTC) market – making it the first and only rapid OTC HIV test approved in the U.S. The OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test can detect antibodies to both HIV-1 and HIV-2 with an oral swab, providing a confidential in-home testing option with results in as little as 20 minutes. It is the first rapid diagnostic test for any infectious disease that has been approved by the FDA for sale over the counter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Medicines360 / Actavis (ACT) Report FDA Acceptance of NDA for Levosert IUD
- Dipexium Pharma (DPRX) Initiates Second of Two Pivotal Phase 3 Clinical Trials of Locilex
- Jazz (JAZZ)/ Concert (CNCE) Initiate First Phase 1 Clinical Trial of JZP-386
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!