OraSure (OSUR) Wins FDA Approval for OraQuick(R) In-Home HIV Test
- Dollar Tree (DLTR) to Acquire Family Dollar (FDO) for $74.50/Share
- Top 10 News for 07/21 - 07/25: In the Thick of Earnings; M&A Ramps Up; Where's the Homes?
- Goldman's GOAL Cuts Equities to Neutral, Corporate Credit to Underweight
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Posts Q2 Loss of 24c/Share
- IBM (IBM) Rejects Offer for Chip-Making Unit - Bloomberg
OraSure Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: OSUR) today announced that the U.S. FDA has approved the Company's OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test for sale directly to consumers in the over-the-counter (OTC) market – making it the first and only rapid OTC HIV test approved in the U.S. The OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test can detect antibodies to both HIV-1 and HIV-2 with an oral swab, providing a confidential in-home testing option with results in as little as 20 minutes. It is the first rapid diagnostic test for any infectious disease that has been approved by the FDA for sale over the counter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bayer HealthCare, Amgen's (AMGN) Onyx Pharma Report NEXAVAR Missed Primary Endpoint
- China Solar Lower Following Commerce Dept. Preliminary AD Investigation into Certain Crystalline Silicon PV Products (YGE) (TSL)
- Allergan (AGN) Receives Positive Recommendation from EMA CHMP for OZURDEX Marketing Authorization
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!