OraSure (OSUR) Wins FDA Approval for OraQuick(R) In-Home HIV Test
- Market Wrap: Broadcom, Avago in M&A Speculation; Kors' 'Unfashionable' Q4, Outlook; McDonald's to Trim-Back Data
- Broadcom (BRCM) in Advanced Talks with Avago Tech (AVGO) - DJ
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/27: (RALY) (PLKI) Higher; (NBS) (TLYS) (OCN) Lower (more...)
- CA Technologies (CA) to Acquire Rally Software (RALY) in ~$480M Deal
- Palo Alto Networks (PANW) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Announces Acquisition of CirroSecure
OraSure Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: OSUR) today announced that the U.S. FDA has approved the Company's OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test for sale directly to consumers in the over-the-counter (OTC) market – making it the first and only rapid OTC HIV test approved in the U.S. The OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test can detect antibodies to both HIV-1 and HIV-2 with an oral swab, providing a confidential in-home testing option with results in as little as 20 minutes. It is the first rapid diagnostic test for any infectious disease that has been approved by the FDA for sale over the counter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Retrophin (RTRX) Will Sell Pediatric PRV to Sanofi (SNY) in $245M Deal
- Geeknet (GKNT) Reports Unsolicited $20/Share Cash Offer
- Actavis (ACT) Announces FDA Approval for VIBERZI, Plans Launch in Q1 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!