OraSure (OSUR) Wins FDA Approval for OraQuick(R) In-Home HIV Test
- Top 10 News for 2/23 - 2/27: Revised GDP Slips, but Beats, in Q4; Two Pharma Giants to Merge; Net Neutrality Passes
- UPDATE: Revised Q4 GDP Growth Slows to 2.2% as Private Inventory Investment Estimate Trimmed
- Former AIG (AIG) CEO Benmosche Dies at Age 70
- UPDATE: FDIC Takes Over Doral Bank (DRL) in Puerto Rico
- Ericsson (ERIC) Files Complaints Against Apple (AAPL) Over Patent Infringement
OraSure Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: OSUR) today announced that the U.S. FDA has approved the Company's OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test for sale directly to consumers in the over-the-counter (OTC) market – making it the first and only rapid OTC HIV test approved in the U.S. The OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test can detect antibodies to both HIV-1 and HIV-2 with an oral swab, providing a confidential in-home testing option with results in as little as 20 minutes. It is the first rapid diagnostic test for any infectious disease that has been approved by the FDA for sale over the counter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vitae Pharmaceuticals (VTAE) Reports Alzheimer's Treatment Placed on Voluntarily Clinical Hold for Safety Evaluation
- Biogen Idec (BIIB), SOBI Report Kids B-LONG Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint
- Amgen (AMGN) Announces Kyprolis MAA Acceptance by EMA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!