OraSure (OSUR) Wins FDA Approval for OraQuick(R) In-Home HIV Test
- CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in the U.S. (TKMR)
- Market Wrap: eBay to Unload PayPal; Ebola Confirmed in U.S.; Microsoft Reveals Next Key Product
- Angie's List (ANGI) Hires Bankers to Explore Possible Sale - FT
- Freddie Mac (FMCC), Fannie Mae (FNMA) investors suit against U.S. thrown out - Bloomberg
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/30: (ANGI) (TKMR) (NLNK) Higher; (WPRT) (ASEI) (RGSE) Lower (more...)
OraSure Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: OSUR) today announced that the U.S. FDA has approved the Company's OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test for sale directly to consumers in the over-the-counter (OTC) market – making it the first and only rapid OTC HIV test approved in the U.S. The OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test can detect antibodies to both HIV-1 and HIV-2 with an oral swab, providing a confidential in-home testing option with results in as little as 20 minutes. It is the first rapid diagnostic test for any infectious disease that has been approved by the FDA for sale over the counter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Alimera Sciences (ALIM), pSivida (PSDV) Win FDA Approval for Iluvien as Chronic DME Treatment
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Receives FDA Warning Letter for Bridgewater Facility
- Celldex Therapeutics (CLDX) Reports Publication of Glembatumumab Vedotin Phase 1/2 Studies in JCO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!