OraSure (OSUR) Wins FDA Approval for OraQuick(R) In-Home HIV Test
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
OraSure Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: OSUR) today announced that the U.S. FDA has approved the Company's OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test for sale directly to consumers in the over-the-counter (OTC) market – making it the first and only rapid OTC HIV test approved in the U.S. The OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test can detect antibodies to both HIV-1 and HIV-2 with an oral swab, providing a confidential in-home testing option with results in as little as 20 minutes. It is the first rapid diagnostic test for any infectious disease that has been approved by the FDA for sale over the counter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NeoStem (NBS) Offers Additional Data on PreSERVE AMI Phase 2
- Biospecifics Technologies (BSTC) Issues Update on XIAFLEX as PD Treatment
- AbbVie's (ABBV) VIEKIRAX + EXVIERA Recieves Positive Opinions from CHMP
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!