OraSure (OSUR) Wins FDA Approval for OraQuick(R) In-Home HIV Test
- Defensive stocks take Wall Street lower ahead of Fed
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 8/24: (NYMX) (URRE) (BREW) Higher; (EXPR) (BSPM) (LZB) Lower
- Clinton calls for reduction in cost of allergy drug EpiPen
- Intuit (INTU) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; Guides Q1 EPS, Revenue Below Views
- Pharmerica (PMC) Said Exploring Potential Sale
OraSure Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: OSUR) today announced that the U.S. FDA has approved the Company's OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test for sale directly to consumers in the over-the-counter (OTC) market – making it the first and only rapid OTC HIV test approved in the U.S. The OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test can detect antibodies to both HIV-1 and HIV-2 with an oral swab, providing a confidential in-home testing option with results in as little as 20 minutes. It is the first rapid diagnostic test for any infectious disease that has been approved by the FDA for sale over the counter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- OraSure Technologies (OSUR) Granted $16.M HHS Award for Rapid Zika Tests
- OraSure (OSUR) volatility flat into being awarded rapid Zika test contract
- OraSure Awarded Up to $16.6 Million to Advance Rapid Zika Tests
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!