OraSure (OSUR) Wins FDA Approval for OraQuick(R) In-Home HIV Test
- Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Tops Q2 EPS by $1.44; Announces 7-for-1 Stock Split
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 4/24: (ZMH) (ANGI) (AAPL) Higher; (SILC) (QCOM) (UA) Lower (more...)
- Apple (AAPL) a Shoe-In for the Dow Amid Stock Split
- Zimmer (ZMH) to Acquire Biomet in ~$13.35B Deal
- UPS (UPS) Misses Q1 EPS by 10c; Sees FY14 EPS at Low-End of Range
OraSure Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: OSUR) today announced that the U.S. FDA has approved the Company's OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test for sale directly to consumers in the over-the-counter (OTC) market – making it the first and only rapid OTC HIV test approved in the U.S. The OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test can detect antibodies to both HIV-1 and HIV-2 with an oral swab, providing a confidential in-home testing option with results in as little as 20 minutes. It is the first rapid diagnostic test for any infectious disease that has been approved by the FDA for sale over the counter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zogenix, Inc. (ZGNX) Will Sell SUMAVEL DosePro in $105M Deal with Endo (ENDP)
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ALXN) Receives Orphan Drug Designation from EC for Soliris
- AbbVie, Inc. (ABBV) Reports Submission of GT1/HCV Treatment NDA to FDA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!