OraSure (OSUR) Wins FDA Approval for OraQuick(R) In-Home HIV Test
- All Eyes on Yellen's Jackson Hole Speech
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 8/22: (DYN) (GME) (TFM) Higher; (ARO) (DRL) (AMPE) Lower (more...)
- Dynegy (DYN) to Acquire Duke Energy's (DUK) Midwest Generation Assets in $6.25B Deal
- Murata Electronics to Acquire Peregrine Semi (PSMI) in Net $465M Deal
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR) Enters Multi-Year Keurig Licensing Agreement with Kraft Foods (KRFT)
OraSure Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: OSUR) today announced that the U.S. FDA has approved the Company's OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test for sale directly to consumers in the over-the-counter (OTC) market – making it the first and only rapid OTC HIV test approved in the U.S. The OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test can detect antibodies to both HIV-1 and HIV-2 with an oral swab, providing a confidential in-home testing option with results in as little as 20 minutes. It is the first rapid diagnostic test for any infectious disease that has been approved by the FDA for sale over the counter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Aastrom Bio (ASTM) Reports Data from Phase 2a Studies of ixmyelocel-T for DCM
- Kindred Biosciences (KIN) Reports CereKin KB010 Missed Primary Endpoint
- TrueCar (TRUE) Surges on Plan to Target Total-Loss Insurance Customers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!