Optimer (OPTR) Announces Add-on Payment From Medicare & Medicaid Services for its DIFICID
- OptumRx to Acquire Catamaran (CTRX) for $61.50/Share (UNH)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 3/30: (ICEL) (ASPX) (CTRX) Higher; (CANF) (BDSI) (CELP) Lower
- Tesla (TSLA) CEO Musk: Major New Product Line Being Unveiled April 30th
- Biogen (BIIB) Price Target Lifted at BMO Capital; BIIB-037 Opportunity Could Exceed $10B
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Acquire Auspex Pharma (ASPX) in $3.2B Deal
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: OPTR) announced that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has granted a new technology add-on payment (NTAP) for DIFICID tablets administered in the inpatient setting to treat Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea (CDAD). Introduced in 2001, the CMS NTAP program is designed to support timely access of innovative therapies used to treat Medicare beneficiaries in the inpatient setting. The NTAP program is only available to new technologies demonstrating a substantial clinical improvement and meeting specific cost thresholds. The NTAP payment will provide hospitals with a payment, in addition to the standard-of-care DRG reimbursement, of up to 50% of the cost of DIFICID for a period of two to three years, effective in the fiscal year starting on October 1, 2012. For 2013, CMS has assigned a maximum payment of $868.00. The NTAP payment is available to hospitals only for individual patient cases that are more costly than the average DRG charges.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- VIVUS (VVUS) Updates on Qsymia Plans; Will Continue Talks with U.S., EU Regulators
- Amgen's (AMGN) Kyprolis Granted Priority Review by U.S. FDA
- Medtronic's (MDT) CoreValve System Receives Regulatory Approval in Japan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!