Optimer (OPTR) Announces Add-on Payment From Medicare & Medicaid Services for its DIFICID
- ACE (ACE) to Acquire Chubb Corp. (CB) in $28.3B Deal
- UPDATE: GM (GM) U.S. Light-Vehicle Sales Fell 3% in June; GMC Sales Rose 12%
- Tsipras offers conditional okay to bailout, creditors skeptical
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 07/01: (CB) (TLOG) (ACE) Higher; (BLDP) (MKC) (GBX) Lower (more...)
- Nike (NKE), Chairman Phil Knight Announce Governance Transactions; Mark Parker Recommended as Successor
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: OPTR) announced that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has granted a new technology add-on payment (NTAP) for DIFICID tablets administered in the inpatient setting to treat Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea (CDAD). Introduced in 2001, the CMS NTAP program is designed to support timely access of innovative therapies used to treat Medicare beneficiaries in the inpatient setting. The NTAP program is only available to new technologies demonstrating a substantial clinical improvement and meeting specific cost thresholds. The NTAP payment will provide hospitals with a payment, in addition to the standard-of-care DRG reimbursement, of up to 50% of the cost of DIFICID for a period of two to three years, effective in the fiscal year starting on October 1, 2012. For 2013, CMS has assigned a maximum payment of $868.00. The NTAP payment is available to hospitals only for individual patient cases that are more costly than the average DRG charges.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva Pharma (TEVA), Xenon Pharm (XENE) Announce TV-45070 4%, 8% Phase 2b Did Not Achieve Statistical Significance
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC) PT Raised to $80 at Jefferies on Kerydin Rx Inflection, and Ahead of 2728 Readout
- Harris Corp. (HRS) Reorganizes into Four Operational Segments
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!