Opexa Therapeutics' (OPXA) Phase 2b Abili-T Trial of Tcelnaa in Secondary Progressive MS Misses Primary Endpoint
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Opexa Therapeutics (Nasdaq: OPXA), a biopharmaceutical company developing personalized immunotherapies for autoimmune disorders, today announced that the Phase 2b Abili-T clinical trial designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Tcelna® (imilecleucel-T) in patients with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS) did not meet its primary endpoint of reduction in brain volume change (atrophy), nor did it meet the secondary endpoint of reduction of the rate of sustained disease progression. Tcelna did show a favorable safety and tolerability profile.
"We are disappointed that Tcelna did not meet the predefined endpoints in the Abili-T trial," said Neil K. Warma, President and Chief Executive Officer of Opexa. "We will evaluate the full data set over the coming weeks and review cash preservation options while we consider the best path forward for the company."
Abili-T is a 183-patient, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 2b study (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01684761) that was conducted at 35 clinical trial sites in the U.S. and Canada. Patients in the Tcelna arm of the study received two annual courses of Tcelna treatment consisting of five subcutaneous injections per year.
"We would like to express our sincere thanks to the patients in the Abili-T trial, as well as to the principal investigators and study coordinators, for their contributions to the study," said Mr. Warma.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Celgene (CELG) Presents Strong Results from REVLIMID StaMINA, Myeloma XI Studies
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) Presents Update of Key Data from Studies of CAR T Cell Product Candidates at ASH
- Viking Therapeutics (VKTX) Announces FDA Orphan Drug Designation for VK0214 to Treat X-ALD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Hot FDA News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!