Oculus Innovative Sciences' (OCLS) New Post-Dermal-Procedures Product Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance
- Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLS) announced it has received a new 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the company’s new post-dermal-procedures product.
Under the supervision of a healthcare professional, the product is intended for the removal of foreign material including microogranisms and debris from postdermal procedures.
“Within my practice I utilize the Microcyn Technology (hypochlorous acid or HOCl) post-procedure and have been most impressed with its ability to accelerate the healing process, manage post-procedure symptoms and protect against secondary infections. I find these HOCl products to be safer, non-cytotoxic and a more effective alternative to povidone-iodine and chlorhexidine. Now, with this approval from the FDA, I believe my peers will benefit from adding Microcyn-based products to their treatment protocols,” said Dr. Michael Gold, board-certified dermatologist and cosmetic surgeon, and founder of Gold Skin Care Center, Advanced Aesthetics Medical Spa, the Laser & Rejuvenation Center and Tennessee Clinical Research Center, all located in Nashville, Tennessee.
Oculus’ dermatology division, IntraDerm, will begin marketing the postdermal-procedures product in the United States beginning in March 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genocea Biosciences (GNCA) Presents New 12 Month Data on GEN-003
- Stonemor Partners (STON) Set to Open Lower Following Distribution Cut
- XPO Logistics (XPO) Announces $558M Divestiture of American Truckload Operation to TransForce
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!