Oculus Innovative Sciences (OCLS) Microcyn-Based Wound Solution Approved in Australia
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLS) announced that the company’s Microcyn-based antimicrobial wound solution and wound hydrogel dressing have received Class IIb medical device registrations from the Australian Government Department of Health as well as Class IIb registrations from the New Zealand Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Authority.
The registrations, similar in substance, provide for the Microdacyn60® wound care products to be used in the debridement and moistening of chronic wounds, ulcers, cuts, abrasions and burns including those located in any human cavity such as the oral, nasal and ear. By reducing the microbial load via a local antimicrobial effect, these products assist in creating a moist environment, enabling the body to perform in its own healing process.
“Australia and New Zealand are two of the more challenging countries in terms of securing medical device registration,” said Bruce Thornton, Oculus VP for international marketing/sales. “They set the bar high relative to validating both product safety and efficacy. For that reason, we recognize these registrations as continued substantiation of the Microcyn Technology’s unparalleled performance in the treatment of wounds, rashes and skin infections. With these two new registrations in hand, the Microcyn Technology is now approved in over 45 countries worldwide.”
For the next four months, the Microdacyn60 products will be in pre-marketing mode with various sampling programs deployed for healthcare professionals in both countries. The planned commercial launch is scheduled for January 2017 with the Microcyn-based products being distributed exclusively by Oculus’ Australian/New Zealand partner, Te Arai Biofarma Limited.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- Innoviva (INVA), GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Receive Approval in Japan for Relvar Ellipta as COPD Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!