Oasis Petroleum (OAS) Prices Upsized 48M Offering of Common Stock for Proceeds of $518.4M
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oasis Petroleum Inc. (NYSE: OAS) announced today that it has priced an upsized underwritten public offering of 48,000,000 shares of common stock for total gross proceeds (before the underwriters' discounts and commissions and estimated offering expenses) of approximately $518.4 million. The Company intends to use the net proceeds from this offering to fund a portion of the previously announced acquisition of SM Energy Company's Bakken assets (the "Acquisition"). The offering is not conditioned on the consummation of the Acquisition, and if the Acquisition does not occur, the net proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes, which may include funding a portion of the Company's 2017 capital budget. Oasis granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to 7,200,000 additional shares of common stock. The offering is expected to close on October 21, 2016.
J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Goldman, Sachs & Co. are acting as joint book-running managers for the offering.
The offering is being made pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement, which has been filed and became effective July 15, 2014.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SM Energy (SM) Prices Larger 9.5M Share Stock Offering for Proceeds of $363.4M
- Fitch Affirms HonorHealth (AZ) Rev Bonds 'A'; Stable Outlook
- Oasis Petroleum (OAS) volatility increases into OPEC meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Bakken Formation, Definitive Agreement, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!