OSI Systems (OSIS) Announces Completion of American Science and Engineering Purchase
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
OSI Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: OSIS) announced that it has completed its previously announced acquisition of American Science and Engineering, Inc. (“AS&E”), a leading provider of detection solutions for advanced cargo, parcel, and personnel inspection. OSI Systems acquired all issued and outstanding shares of AS&E for $37.00 per share in cash and assumed certain unvested AS&E equity awards for a total purchase price of approximately $269 million. With this acquisition, OSI Systems’ security offerings now include additional inspection systems based on X-ray backscatter technology, including the Z Backscatter® Van (ZBV®) and the MINI Z® portable backscatter based inspection system.
Deepak Chopra, OSI Systems’ Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are pleased to complete our acquisition of AS&E and look forward to continue delivering compelling value and service to our customers worldwide with an expanded portfolio of screening solutions for port, border, aviation and critical infrastructure security.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Appoints Christopher Forsythe to CFO
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!