OPKO Health (OPK) Announces Transition Therapeutics (TTHI) Shareholder Approval of Proposed Acquisition
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
OPKO Health, Inc. (Nasdaq: OPK), announces that at a Special Shareholder Meeting held on August 25, 2016 shareholders of Transition Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: TTHI) holding approximately 93% of the outstanding common shares, voted to approve the previously announced agreement under which OPKO Health will acquire Transition Therapeutics. The acquisition is subject to final approval of the Ontario Superior Court Justice (the “Court”). The Court hearing for the final order is scheduled to take place on August 29, 2016, and the acquisition is expected to close on September 1, 2016.
“We are pleased with this vote of confidence from the Transition Therapeutics shareholders as it underscores their confidence in our ability to leverage the potential of Transition Therapeutics’ clinical programs and the opportunity for shareholders of Transition Therapeutics to participate in the continued growth and development of OPKO’s strong pipeline,” said Phillip Frost, M.D., CEO and Chairman of OPKO Health. “This acquisition provides OPKO with two late stage drug candidates, each of which holds exceptional market potential and complements OPKO's development pipeline."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- Digi Int'l (DGII) Affirms Receipt of Belden (BDC) Proposal; Says Nothing New in Latest Offer
- Nucor (NUE) Enters Agreement to Acquire Southland Tube in $130M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, PDUFA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!