OPKO Health (OPK) Announces Completion of Transition Therapeutics (TTHI) Acquisition
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
OPKO Health, Inc. (Nasdaq: OPK) announces that it has completed its previously announced acquisition of Transition Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: TTHI), by way of a plan of arrangement (the “Arrangement”) which was approved by Transition Therapeutics’ shareholders at their meeting held on August 25, 2016. Pursuant to the Arrangement, shareholders of Transition Therapeutics will receive an aggregate of approximately 6.4 million shares of OPKO common stock, or 0.1657 shares of OPKO common stock for each common share of Transition Therapeutics. The Arrangement was approved by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice in its final order dated August 29, 2016.
“We are pleased to complete the acquisition of Transition Therapeutics as it provides us with two late-stage drug candidates, each of which holds exceptional market opportunity and has direct synergies with our clinical development pipeline,” said Phillip Frost, M.D., CEO and Chairman of OPKO Health. “With the transaction complete, we look forward to advancing these promising programs to the benefit of patients suffering from Type II diabetes and obesity or certain male hormone related problems."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Announces Departure of CFO Bret Eckert
- FTC not sold on Walgreens' plan to win nod for Rite Aid deal: Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, PDUFA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!