OPKO Health (OPK) Announces Completion of Transition Therapeutics (TTHI) Acquisition
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
OPKO Health, Inc. (Nasdaq: OPK) announces that it has completed its previously announced acquisition of Transition Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: TTHI), by way of a plan of arrangement (the “Arrangement”) which was approved by Transition Therapeutics’ shareholders at their meeting held on August 25, 2016. Pursuant to the Arrangement, shareholders of Transition Therapeutics will receive an aggregate of approximately 6.4 million shares of OPKO common stock, or 0.1657 shares of OPKO common stock for each common share of Transition Therapeutics. The Arrangement was approved by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice in its final order dated August 29, 2016.
“We are pleased to complete the acquisition of Transition Therapeutics as it provides us with two late-stage drug candidates, each of which holds exceptional market opportunity and has direct synergies with our clinical development pipeline,” said Phillip Frost, M.D., CEO and Chairman of OPKO Health. “With the transaction complete, we look forward to advancing these promising programs to the benefit of patients suffering from Type II diabetes and obesity or certain male hormone related problems."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- KemPharm (KMPH) Files IND with U.S. FDA to Commence Human Trials of KP201/IR
- UPDATE: Barrick Gold (ABX) Gains; Chinese Miners Said in Talks for Stake in Veladero Mine - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, PDUFA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!