ON Semiconductor (ON) Announces Extension of Fairchild Semi (FCS) Tender Offer
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ON Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: ON) announced that it has extended its previously announced tender offer to purchase all of the outstanding shares of common stock of Fairchild Semiconductor International Inc. (Nasdaq: FCS) (“Fairchild”) for $20.00 per share in cash (the “Offer”) pending the satisfaction of the conditions to the Offer set forth in the merger agreement entered into on November 18, 2015 between ON Semiconductor and Fairchild. The Offer will now expire one minute following 11:59 p.m., New York City time, on August 18, 2016, unless further extended as required or permitted by the merger agreement. All other terms and conditions of the Offer remain unchanged. Computershare Trust Company, N.A., the depositary for the Offer, has advised ON Semiconductor that as of the close of business, New York City time on August 4, 2016, approximately 73,180,692 shares of common stock of Fairchild (not including 6,403,327 shares tendered by notice of guaranteed delivery for which shares have not yet been delivered) have been validly tendered and not properly withdrawn pursuant to the Offer, representing approximately 63.7% of the outstanding shares of common stock of Fairchild.
Pending satisfaction of the conditions to the Offer, the merger agreement requires successive 10-business day extensions of the Offer, and ON Semiconductor currently intends to continue making such successive extensions, subject to the other terms and conditions of the merger agreement. This press release is being issued under applicable securities laws in order to notify Fairchild’s stockholders of the extension.
The completion of the Offer remains subject to certain customary terms and conditions set forth in the Offer to Purchase, dated December 4, 2015, as amended (the “Offer to Purchase”), and other related materials by which the Offer is being made.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Air Products (APD) Sends Letter Outlining Terms of Preliminary, Non-binding Indication of Interest to Acquire Yingde
- Accenture (ACN) to Acquire Seabury Group's Corporate Advisory and Aviation Consulting Business; Terms Not Disclosed
- Fifth Third Bank (FITB) to Acquire The Retirement Corporation of America; Terms Not Disclosed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!