Nymox Pharma (NYMX) Closes $2.24M Worth of Common Stock Private Placements
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation (Nasdaq: NYMX) is pleased to announce that it has recently closed private placements and other investments in the Company for a total of $2.24 million. The investments totaled 965,649 shares at an average price of $2.32 with no warrants. The funds will be used for general corporate purposes. The majority of the investment came from long-term non-insider shareholders in the Company.
Erik Danielsen, CFO of Nymox said, "This additional funding from long-term supportive shareholders provides an extra cash cushion for our regulatory filing preparation activities currently underway. We are extremely pleased with the support we get from many of our long-term shareholders who share our assessment that the Company's near-term prospects are excellent. Our fact-based confidence in Nymox's future is also reflected in the significant ongoing buying of our shares in the open market by long-term shareholders and officers and directors of the company."
Nymox recently announced that long-term BPH studies of the Company's lead drug fexapotide showed excellent safety and efficacy results, in addition to a dramatic reduction in the long-term incidence of prostate cancer in the BPH studies compared to the expected incidence from comparable patient studies in the literature. Fexapotide treated patients also had significantly reduced long-term prostate cancer incidence compared to placebo-treated BPH patient controls.
Nymox CEO Paul Averback M.D. stated last week that further clinical trial results for fexapotide were expected to be reported in the very near future.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twilio (TWLO) Prices 7M Share Follow-on Offering for Proceeds of ~$280M
- Under Armour (UA) Announces Launch of Latest Stephen Curry Sneaker
- Reynolds American (RAI) Affirms Receipt of British American Tobacco (BTI) Offer; Will Evaluate
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!