Nymox Pharma (NYMX) Closes $2.24M Worth of Common Stock Private Placements
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation (Nasdaq: NYMX) is pleased to announce that it has recently closed private placements and other investments in the Company for a total of $2.24 million. The investments totaled 965,649 shares at an average price of $2.32 with no warrants. The funds will be used for general corporate purposes. The majority of the investment came from long-term non-insider shareholders in the Company.
Erik Danielsen, CFO of Nymox said, "This additional funding from long-term supportive shareholders provides an extra cash cushion for our regulatory filing preparation activities currently underway. We are extremely pleased with the support we get from many of our long-term shareholders who share our assessment that the Company's near-term prospects are excellent. Our fact-based confidence in Nymox's future is also reflected in the significant ongoing buying of our shares in the open market by long-term shareholders and officers and directors of the company."
Nymox recently announced that long-term BPH studies of the Company's lead drug fexapotide showed excellent safety and efficacy results, in addition to a dramatic reduction in the long-term incidence of prostate cancer in the BPH studies compared to the expected incidence from comparable patient studies in the literature. Fexapotide treated patients also had significantly reduced long-term prostate cancer incidence compared to placebo-treated BPH patient controls.
Nymox CEO Paul Averback M.D. stated last week that further clinical trial results for fexapotide were expected to be reported in the very near future.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CEL-SCI Corp (CVM) Prices $4.25M Common Stock, Warrants Offering
- Allergan (AGN) Enters DELZICOL Patent Settlement Agreement
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Load Factor Rose 0.9 Points in November 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!