Nucor (NUE) Completes $435M Independence Tube Corporation Acquisition
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) announced that it has closed on its acquisition of Independence Tube Corporation for approximately $435 million.
"We are pleased to welcome the 335 teammates at Independence Tube to the Nucor family," said John Ferriola, Chairman, CEO and President of Nucor Corporation. "This is a great acquisition for Nucor, giving us another growth platform and enhancing our position as the most comprehensive provider of steel solutions to the construction and infrastructure markets."
Independence Tube is a leading manufacturer of hollow structural section (HSS) steel tubing, which is used in a broad array of structural and mechanical applications including nonresidential construction, infrastructure, and agricultural and construction equipment end-use markets. Independence Tube has the second highest market share in HSS, selling its products primarily through service centers, which are also an important channel to market for Nucor products.
Doug Jellison will serve as President of Nucor Tubular Products. Jellison previously served as Vice President of Corporate Strategic Planning for Nucor.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lionsgate (LGF) Closes Starz (STRZA) Merger
- Great Plains Energy (GXP) Announces Leadership of Post-Westar Energy Merger Company
- Humana (HUM) Writes Corridor Receivables Off; Cites Affordable Care Act
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!