Nucor (NUE) Completes $435M Independence Tube Corporation Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) announced that it has closed on its acquisition of Independence Tube Corporation for approximately $435 million.
"We are pleased to welcome the 335 teammates at Independence Tube to the Nucor family," said John Ferriola, Chairman, CEO and President of Nucor Corporation. "This is a great acquisition for Nucor, giving us another growth platform and enhancing our position as the most comprehensive provider of steel solutions to the construction and infrastructure markets."
Independence Tube is a leading manufacturer of hollow structural section (HSS) steel tubing, which is used in a broad array of structural and mechanical applications including nonresidential construction, infrastructure, and agricultural and construction equipment end-use markets. Independence Tube has the second highest market share in HSS, selling its products primarily through service centers, which are also an important channel to market for Nucor products.
Doug Jellison will serve as President of Nucor Tubular Products. Jellison previously served as Vice President of Corporate Strategic Planning for Nucor.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Announces Notable DVM-250 Recorder, FleetVu Services Order
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!