NuPathe (PATH) to Cut Workforce 50%, Delay IND for NP202, Cut NP101 Spending
- Top 10 News for 10/27 - 10/31: Fed Ends Easing; Q3 was Tough on Social Media Giants; Apple CEO Cook Gets Personal
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- UPDATE: Virgin Galactic Reports Anomaly with Spaceship Two; One Fatality Confirmed
As previously reported, on September 25, 2012, NuPathe Inc. (Nasdaq: PATH) entered into a Securities Purchase Agreement with certain qualified institutional purchasers and individual investors pursuant to which the Company agreed to sell to the Investors units of the Company’s securities for an aggregate purchase price of $28 million. The closing of the Proposed Financing is subject to certain specified closing conditions. In connection with the Proposed Financing, the Company is undertaking certain cost containment measures in order to focus its expenditures on gaining FDA approval of NP101, securing commercial partners and select pre-launch activities. The cost containment measures include, among others:
- A 50% reduction in workforce;
- Reducing expenditures relating to commercialization activities for NP101 and the earlier stage product candidates;
- Delaying the filing of an Investigational New Drug application for NP202, the Company’s product candidate for the long-term treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, until a co-development partner is obtained; and
- The previously reported restructuring of the Company’s outstanding debt under its term loan facility.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gain Capital (GCAP) to Acquire City Index in Net $82M Deal
- Heartland Payment Systems (HPY) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c
- MoneyGram (MGI) Misses Q3 EPS by 13c; Removes Previous Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!