Novogen (NVGN) Acquires Australian Biotech Company Glioblast Pty
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Novogen Ltd (Nasdaq: NVGN) announced that it has fully-acquired Glioblast Pty Ltd, a privately-held, neuro-oncology-focused Australian biotechnology company.
The transaction includes an upfront payment of AU$ 2.1 million, comprising AU$ 600,000 in cash and ordinary fully-paid shares valued at AU$ 1.5 million, with the actual number of shares determined on the basis of the volume-weighted average price of Novogen shares on the ASX in the seven days prior to this announcement.
The shareholders of Glioblast will be eligible for further payments in cash or equity on the achievement of performance-related milestones. The first two of these milestones provide for the issue of ordinary fully-paid shares valued at AU$ 1.25 million respectively on commencement and successful completion of a phase II clinical trial of GDC-0084, with the actual number of shares determined on the basis of the volume-weighted average price of Novogen shares on the ASX in the seven days prior to satisfaction of the relevant milestone being announced. A further two milestones may trigger payments in cash or equity at Novogen's sole discretion. Any issue of equity in Novogen will be subject to a minimum six-month escrow period.
The addition of Glioblast will add important capabilities and relationships to Novogen, allowing it to more effectively move forward with the GDC-0084 program. Paul Hopper, a highly-experienced life sciences executive, and Leslie Chong, who was formerly Clinical Program Lead for GDC-0084 at Genentech, both shareholders of Glioblast, will become consultants to Novogen and will advise on clinical development.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!