Novo Nordisk (NVO) Updates on Share Repurchase Activity
- Futures rise as 'Trump rally' rolls on
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
On 28 October 2016, Novo Nordisk (NYSE: NVO) initiated a share repurchase programme in accordance with Article 5 of Regulation No. 596/2014 of the European Parliament and Council of 16 April 2014 (MAR), also referred to as the Safe Harbour rules. This programme is part of the overall share repurchase programme of up to DKK 15 billion to be executed during a 12-month period beginning 3 February 2016.
Under the programme initiated 28 October 2016, Novo Nordisk will repurchase B shares for an amount up to DKK 4.5 billion in the period from 28 October 2016 to 31 January 2017.
Since the announcement as of 21 November 2016, the following transactions have been made under the programme:
|Accumulated, last announcement||5,283,000||1,232,297,870|
|21 November 2016||325,000||227.54||73,951,390|
|22 November 2016||280,000||226.20||63,334,975|
|23 November 2016||300,000||221.20||66,358,564|
|24 November 2016||312,500||221.45||69,201,730|
|25 November 2016||301,601||223.90||67,529,946|
|Accumulated under the programme||6,802,101||1,572,674,476|
The details for each transaction made under the share repurchase programme are published on novonordisk.com.
With the transactions stated above, Novo Nordisk owns a total of 39,901,083 B shares of DKK 0.20, corresponding to 1.6% of the share capital, as treasury shares. The total amount of A and B shares in the company is 2,550,000,000 including treasury shares.
Novo Nordisk expects to repurchase B shares for an amount up to DKK 15 billion during a 12-month period beginning 3 February 2016. As of 25 November 2016, Novo Nordisk has repurchased a total of 37,977,438 B shares equal to a transaction value of DKK 12,072,432,921.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Axis Capital (AXS) Approves $1B Buyback of Common Shares
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK) Approves Additional $500M Common Stock Buyback Plan
- Michaels Cos. (MIK) Misses Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Fall 2%; Lowers Outlook, Announces $300M Stock Buyback
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!