Novo Nordisk (NVO) Receives FDA Approval for Xultophy 100/3.6 NDA in T2D-Related Glycaemic Control
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Novo Nordisk (NYSE: NVO) announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the New Drug Application (NDA) for Xultophy 100/3.6. Xultophy 100/3.6 is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycaemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled on basal insulin (less than 50 units daily) or liraglutide (less than or equal to 1.8 mg daily).
Xultophy® 100/3.6, the approved brand name for IDegLira in the US, is a once-daily, single injection fixed combination of long-acting insulin degludec (Tresiba®) and the GLP-1 analogue liraglutide (Victoza®). In the DUAL phase 3 clinical trial programme, Xultophy® 100/3.6 consistently showed an improvement of glycaemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes uncontrolled on liraglutide or basal insulin therapy. For adults inadequately controlled on insulin glargine U100, treatment with Xultophy® 100/3.6 demonstrated a reduction in HbA1c of 1.7% after 26 weeks. Xultophy® 100/3.6 can be taken at the same time each day with or without food and will be available in a prefilled pen.
"We are pleased with the approval of Xultophy® 100/3.6 and look forward to launching it in the US in the first half of 2017", said Mads Krogsgaard Thomsen, executive vice president and chief science officer of Novo Nordisk. "We believe Xultophy® 100/3.6 offers significant benefits and is an important and convenient treatment option especially for people not achieving sufficient glycaemic control with basal insulin".
The approval follows the recommendation of the FDA's Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee (EMDAC), which voted 16-0 in favour of an approval of Xultophy® 100/3.6 for the treatment of adults with type 2 diabetes, at its meeting on 24 May 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Akili, Pfizer (PFE) Report Positive Data from Study to Detect Subtle Cognitive Changes in Healthy Subjects at Risk of Developing AD
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- Cytokinetics (CYTK) Presents Data from VITALITY-ALS at International Symposium
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!