Novan (NOVN) Completes Enrollment in Pivotal SB204 Phase 3s
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Novan, Inc. (Nasdaq: NOVN) announced that the last patient has been randomized in the Company's two, identically designed Phase 3 pivotal clinical trials to evaluate the efficacy and safety of topical nitric oxide-releasing product candidate SB204 Gel in the treatment of acne vulgaris, or acne. Novan announced in February that the first patient had been dosed in these trials. Per the study protocol, the last patient randomized will be treated for 12 weeks. The Company is running the two Phase 3 pivotal trials in parallel and expects to report top-line results in the first quarter of 2017.
"We are extremely pleased with the rapid enrollment of these Phase 3 trials for our lead product candidate," said Nathan Stasko, PhD, President and Chief Executive Officer of Novan. "If approved, SB204 will be the first new chemical entity specifically developed for the treatment of acne in more than 20 years and, in our view, has the potential to redefine the standard of care for acne. We believe physicians and their patients deserve a new option for the treatment of this chronic inflammatory skin disease, and we are eager for the results of these trials."
Results from Novan's Phase 2b study evaluating the efficacy and safety of SB204 for the treatment of acne were presented in March by Lawrence Eichenfield, MD, during a Late-breaking Research in Dermatology Forum at the 74th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology.1
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Novan (NOVN) Enters Licenses Agrement for SB204 with Sato Pharmaceutical in Japan
- CombiMatrix (CBMX) Presenting Study Suggesting Genomic Alterations Decrease in Frequency and Severity from Conception Through Childhood
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Announces Departure of CFO Bret Eckert
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!