Northwest Biotherapeutics (NWBO) Says It Presented Updated Data From DCVax-Direct Phase I Trial
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Northwest Biotherapeutics (NASDAQ: NWBO) announced that Dr. Marnix Bosch, Chief Technical Officer, today presented an updated and more detailed analysis of the Phase I DCVax®-Direct Trial data at the 5th Annual SMi Cancer Vaccines Conference in London, England.
DC Vax-Direct is designed to treat inoperable solid tumors. The Phase I Trial treated patients with multiple inoperable metastatic tumors who had failed existing treatment regimens. These patients had failed as many as five or six different prior types of treatments, and had generally quite poor life expectancies when they entered the DCVax-Direct Trial. DCVax-Direct was directly injected, with image guidance, into just one of the patients' tumors and most patients received just three treatments. The Trial included 40 patients, with 39 evaluable, and covered more than a dozen diverse types of solid tumor cancers.
Some highlights of Dr. Bosch's update presentation today included:
- The top 20% of these patients have so far exceeded 2 years of survival and are still alive. The longest survivor to date has reached nearly 3 years. See Attachment A for details.
- The top 30% of these patients (including pancreatic, melanoma, lung, ovarian, sarcoma and other cancers) as a combined group have an average survival to date of 26.7 months, compared with an average of expected survival times of 12.3 months. Individually, these patients have also substantially exceeded their respective expected survival times. See Attachment B for details.
- The continuing positive survival results correlate with underlying mechanisms of action and cellular and immune profiles, including phenotype analyses, relative production of a wide range of diverse cytokines by the dendritic cells. Additional positive observations include T-cell infiltration, and PD-L1 expression.
- 64% of the patients evaluable for PD-L1 checkpoint expression (14 of 22) showed either de novo or significantly increased expression of PD-L1 following DCVax-Direct treatment, indicating potential for combination of DCVax-Direct and checkpoint inhibitors.
- The diverse cancers covered in this trial are responsible for approximately 800,000 new cases annually in the US and also at least 800,000 new cases in Europe. When these cancers reach the inoperable metastatic stage, there are no effective treatments available today.
There was no webcast of the presentation, but Dr. Bosch's slides will be available on the NW Bio website starting today.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Northwest Biotherapeutics (NWBO) Offers Update on Phase 3 Trial Of DCVax-L for Newly Diagnosed GBM Cancer
- VirnetX Holding (VHC) Disappointed on Federal Circuit's Decisions; Positive on Dissenter
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments, Momentum Movers, Short Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!