Nordstrom (JWN) Will Begin Selling Edited Assortment of J.Crew Group Goods
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
J.Crew Group, Inc. (jcrew.com) announces that Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) will sell an edited assortment of the J.Crew collection at select Nordstrom full-line stores and at Nordstrom.com beginning September 12th. The assortment will include women's apparel, accessories and petites (online only).
J.Crew Group's Madewell has successfully been partnering with Nordstrom since 2015. Based on the strong customer response, Madewell expanded into 20 new locations in July and is now available at a total of 76 Nordstrom locations and at Nordstrom.com. Nordstrom is the only store to sell J.Crew and Madewell products outside of their own retail stores in the United States.
"We know our customers love J.Crew and we're excited to be offering this coveted brand in our stores and online. Partnering with quality brands like J.Crew that have exclusive distribution is part of our long-term strategic agenda," said Pete Nordstrom, co-president.
Millard Drexler, J.Crew's chairman and CEO, said, "This was an easy decision. Nordstrom is the perfect partner because we both share the same high standards of customer service and store experience. Additionally, we are known for exceptional design, quality and style, which we know will appeal to the Nordstrom customer."
The women's fall 2016 assortment will feature signature J.Crew styles, including iconic classics such as their famous Regent and Rhodes blazers, Italian cashmere, outerwear and their famous Martie pants, to name a few. The pieces will be merchandised and presented in the signature J.Crew way: pattern mixing (like prints with stripes), quirky styling and bright colors, with a fun assortment of accessories for the finishing touch.
The 16 Nordstrom store locations where the women's assortment will be carried are:
- Downtown Seattle (Seattle, Wash.)
- Bellevue Square (Bellevue, Wash.)
- Washington Square (Tigard, Ore.)
- Michigan Avenue (Chicago, Ill.)
- Oakbrook Center (Oak Brook, Ill.)
- Somerset Collection (Troy, Mich.)
- Scottsdale Fashion Square (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
- NorthPark Center (Dallas, Texas)
- Houston Galleria (Houston, Texas)
- Barton Creek Square (Austin, Texas)
- Domain Northside (Austin, Texas – opening September 30th)
- Tysons Corner Center, (McLean, Va.)
- The Plaza at King of Prussia (King of Prussia, Pa.)
- South Coast Plaza (Costa Mesa, Calif.)
- The Mall at Short Hills (Short Hills, N.J.)
- The Mall at Green Hills (Nashville, Tenn.)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Roche (RHHBY) Announces Receipt of FDA Approval for cobas MPX Test
- Estée Lauder (EL) Enters Agreement to Acquire BECCA Cosmetics
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!