Nordstrom (JWN) Names New Nordstrom.com President; Announces Executive Shift
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
To further accelerate its e-commerce, digital and mobile efforts, Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE: JWN) announced that it has appointed Ken Worzel as president, Nordstrom.com.
Worzel has served as executive vice president of Strategy and Development at the company since 2010, where he has been responsible for strengthening the company's competitive position and relevance through developing and executing customer-driven strategies to support the company's growth. Prior to Nordstrom he worked as a consultant, including partnering with Nordstrom for 13 years while at Marakon Associates and McKinsey & Company.
"Through his six years as a leader at Nordstrom and many years prior to that working alongside our executive team, Ken has gained a deep understanding of how our e-commerce, digital and mobile efforts play an integral role in providing customers a differentiated experience through service, personalization and convenience," said Erik Nordstrom, co-president of Nordstrom. "Ken comes into this position with expertise around Nordstrom.com's current position and a strong vision for its future potential that will continue to bring the company a tremendous amount of value as we evolve our strategy and build on our success."
Additionally, to better serve the changing needs of its customers and how they shop, the company also announced a strategic shift of leadership responsibilities to better support the Nordstrom (full-price) and Nordstrom Rack (off-price) brands across both stores and digital. New assignments include:
- Co-President Erik Nordstrom will now be responsible for the Nordstrom brand, including Nordstrom stores, Nordstrom.com, and Trunk Club as well as Customer Care, Marketing and Supply Chain.
- Co-President Blake Nordstrom will be responsible for the Nordstrom Rack brand, including Rack stores and NordstromRack.com/HauteLook and other corporate functions including Finance, Technology, Legal and Human Resources.
- Co-President Pete Nordstrom will continue to support all of the company's merchandising functions and Store Planning. He will also remain closely involved in all areas impacting the Nordstrom brand, including marketing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Burlington Stores (BURL) Director Cooper Resigns
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Announces David Jaffe as Chairman of the Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!