Nokia (NOK) Announces EUR 1B Stock Buyback Program
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
In line with the EUR 7 billion capital structure optimization program announced earlier, the Nokia (NYSE: NOK) Board of Directors has resolved to commence a share repurchase program (the "Program") under the authorization granted by the Nokia Annual General Meeting on June 16, 2016 (the "AGM").
The Board has resolved to repurchase a maximum of 575 million Nokia shares up to an equivalent of EUR 1 billion.
The shares may be repurchased by way of a directed repurchase from sellers in marketplaces where the rules allow companies to trade with their own shares. The purchase price will be based on the current market price of Nokia shares in such marketplaces. The volumes to be repurchased may not exceed 25% of the daily average volume of the shares on the marketplace where the purchase is carried out. The daily average volume is based on the daily average volume traded during the month preceding the month of this disclosure.
Under the Program the shares may be repurchased for the purposes of either optimizing the capital structure of Nokia by way of reducing the number of the shares of the company or for the purposes of meeting obligations arising from share-based incentive plans for employees of Nokia or of its associated companies.
The repurchases will commence at the earliest after Nokia's Capital Markets Day organized on November 15, 2016. The Program and the current authorization granted by the AGM are valid until December 16, 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teradyne (TER) Plans $400M Offering of Senior Convertible Notes, Approves $500M Common Stock Buyback
- Nokia (NOK) Completes Licensing Agreement with HMD Global Over Phone Business
- Tenet Healthcare (THC), Centene (CNC) Enter New Three-Year Insurance Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!