Nike (NKE) Appoints New VP, GM of North America
- Wall Street declines as some post-election gainers reverse
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shows clemency to Manning, intelligence analyst behind leaks
- Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) Q4 Comps Rise 3.1%; Guides Q4 Above the Street
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
NIKE, Inc. (NYSE: NKE) announced that Tom Peddie becomes the new VP, GM of North America, succeeding Joaquin Hidalgo, who has served in this role since July 2013 and will be taking a leave of absence to focus on his health. This change is effective immediately.
Peddie, a 26-year Nike veteran, has held senior management roles across Nike, including VP North America Sales and VP Global Sales. He was previously VP, GM of Emerging Markets and joined the North America team earlier this year as VP, GM of Integrated Marketplace, where he has led Nike’s holistic integrated market strategy in North America.
“Tom is a strong leader with a deep understanding of our consumer and the integrated marketplace,” said Elliott Hill, President of Geographies and Sales, Nike Brand. “He has proven time and again his ability to lead teams toward continued and profitable long-term growth and we look forward to his leadership in this important geography.”
“Joaquin has shown an unwavering commitment to our brand and to leading the North America business,” said Hill. “During the three years of his leadership, the North America business grew by more than a billion dollars each year. We look forward to his return to Nike.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JCPenney (JCP) Launches Nike (NKE) Shops
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR) Announces Confirmation of CEOC's Plan of Reorganization
- Deutsche Bank CEO apologizes for conduct in toxic mortgages case
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!